Page 51 of 61 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU Football TV Ratings

Default Re: NDSU Football TV Ratings

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    How do they figure these ratings with all the cord cutting and streaming now days? Wasn't the CFP the smallest ever this year as well? Just a sign of the times I think.
    Cord cutting isn't a new phenomenon, it was plenty prevalent during the 2019 playoffs yet the quarterfinals with Illinois St on ESPN drew 1.74M viewers. Cord cutting can maybe account for some of that viewership drop but its nowhere near the 80%+ drop in viewership between that game and the SHSU game last werk.

sadly the pandemic really pushed alot of people into cord cutting and streaming. almost like some of the major media companies wanted that to happen. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    sadly the pandemic really pushed alot of people into cord cutting and streaming. almost like some of the major media companies wanted that to happen. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Hulu is pretty cool though. Netflix is going to tank. No content anymore.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Hulu is pretty cool though. Netflix is going to tank. No content anymore.
    Depends if they can come up with good original content. Lately they've been pretty lame but there is so much on there that seems like they're doing quantity over quality. But the time has passed that they pay for good content as most companies have their own streaming content now.

Ironic thing is I watched the last blockbuster on Netflix a few weeks ago. There is still the one hanging on in Bend Oregon. Amazing how badly Viacom screwed up that deal and used blockbuster as a "bank". Then have them laugh Netflix out of the room when they offered themselves up for $50 million in late 80s.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    How do they figure these ratings with all the cord cutting and streaming now days? Wasn't the CFP the smallest ever this year as well? Just a sign of the times I think.
    They can more accurately capture the number of views of a show through streaming. I assume at some point it will feed into the ratings if it isn't already.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

The FCS championship game between Sam Houston and South Dakota State averaged 905,000 viewers on Sunday and peaked at 2.3M viewers in the final 15 minutes, according to ESPN public relations department

NDSU/JMU was 2.7 M viewers.

FCS title game beat Wild Playoff hockey.. Wild-Golden Knights on 1.40 million on NBC Sunday. bHAHAHAHAHAHA...

1 MILLION MORE at the SAME TIME!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    The FCS championship game between Sam Houston and South Dakota State averaged 905,000 viewers on Sunday and peaked at 2.3M viewers in the final 15 minutes, according to ESPN public relations department

NDSU/JMU was 2.7 M viewers.

FCS title game beat Wild Playoff hockey.. Wild-Golden Knights on 1.40 million on NBC Sunday. bHAHAHAHAHAHA...

1 MILLION MORE at the SAME TIME!

Why weren't there many millions of college football fans taking advantage of the strange and wonderful phenomenon of Spring football?
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    Why weren't there many millions of college football fans taking advantage of the strange and wonderful phenomenon of Spring football?
    For me, that Sunday afternoon was the best 18 holes of golf I've ever played.

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    For me, that Sunday afternoon was the best 18 holes of golf I've ever played.
    Whatdjya shoot?
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Whatdjya shoot?
    Bogie golf with a par thrown in here and there; which, for me, is like being 10 under at the Masters.