Page 40 of 61 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU Football TV Ratings

Default Re: NDSU Football TV Ratings

As a fan.. winning the championship saturday was just like winning another football game. About 30 seconds after the game concluded, our group at the table was talking about a different subject.

I mean now what for the program? You can toss me all of the "who cares about the toilet paper bowl in hoople north Dakota " one line zingers all you want to...it isnt going to change my mind. Most JMU fans are clamoring for a move up and the once weres certainly arent regretting it now that they're there.

Yea yea conference invite. Yea yea budget. If it's something in the vision of the AD to move up in the near future,I'd imagine those fans like me would help grease the wheels even more.

23Bison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I watched the game live and love watching this team win, especially another championship, but once the game was over and espn was done broadcasting it I kind of just sat there and was wondering what’s next. I do realize there is a lot happening with team personnel and such but once the inevitable win for the title complete all I could do was go see what people were saying about the win.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUguy View Post
    I couldn't agree more. The general population could not care less about NDSU's success. As an institution we need to determine what the point of our football team really is. Is it about winning National Titles at the FCS level or is it about bringing more exposure to the university. That's really the line in the sand. Being FCS in the future now has a limited return on investment (outside of the ND/SD/MN borders) from a exposure perspective. If the purpose of the football team is winning championships, that's fine too but then lets change the narrative and publicly say that we don't care about exposure and the football team is simply here to win.
    Who has more national exposure. NDSU or Troy or Wyoming? Hell Mount Union has more name recognition than Troy or Western Kentucky.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    As a fan.. winning the championship saturday was just like winning another football game. About 30 seconds after the game concluded, our group at the table was talking about a different subject.

I mean now what for the program? You can toss me all of the "who cares about the toilet paper bowl in hoople north Dakota " one line zingers all you want to...it isnt going to change my mind. Most JMU fans are clamoring for a move up and the once weres certainly arent regretting it now that they're there.

Yea yea conference invite. Yea yea budget. If it's something in the vision of the AD to move up in the near future,I'd imagine those fans like me would help grease the wheels even more.
    This. 100%. Let's articulate a vision for the future, even if it isn't possible to transition right this second. Tell me that we are aspiring to greater heights and that we're doing everything in our power to get there. Put conferences on notice, publicly, that we want to compete at that level.

And please, have an answer to the often-cited "location" argument. Here's the answer. We do have a following. We have a market that is devoted to the school that includes our entire state and a ton of interest in MN. UIC is in Chicago. They bring zero eyeballs to the Horizon League because no one cares about UIC. Better to have high interest in midsize market than no interest in a large one. And, with an airport right here, it is easier to get here than to most other college towns, unless you're talking about a bus league (which the Mountain West is not). Location, as an argument for not inviting us to a conference, is easily rebutted. Just make the effort.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    Who has more national exposure. NDSU or Troy or Wyoming? Hell Mount Union has more name recognition than Troy or Western Kentucky.
    Troy had 5 games on national television. Wyoming had 7 games on national television. NDSU had 3 games nationally televised (all playoff games). So, I guess Wyoming is the answer to your question.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    Troy had 5 games on national television. Wyoming had 7 games on national television. NDSU had 3 games nationally televised (all playoff games). So, I guess Wyoming is the answer to your question.
    Weird because 1000 miles from Fargo with only one in state opponent, I get stopped all the time when I'm wearing my Bison gear and engaged in conversations about our success.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    You're right, NDSU certainly has more exposure than Troy and Wyoming and Western Kentucky. The question is, being that we already have a better brand than those schools today, could we amplify it by moving G5? I'd Imagine so. If we were to be an 8-3 team every single year in the MAC and every 4th year we were 11-1, I'd GUESS that our "brand" would be increased. Maybe not though?

Boise doenst have to win the Fiesta bowl every year to earn their national brand. The worst case scenario is that we somehow get worse and become UMASS or something. Best case scenario we are somewhere between App State (which competitively, I think is attainable) and Boise/UCF.

This isn't a reason to move up, but Longhorn said that Saturday felt like winning another football game, and I'd agree. Last year it did NOT feel like "just another football game" to me. And next year, I don't think it will feel like "just another game as I think the FCS will be much more competative
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    For the three games with data for viewership ESPN2 (1 game) ESPNU (2 games). Total viewership for Wyoming games was 835k which is average of ~278k per game.......

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We had two issues that greatly affect the viewing of the FCS Championship game. First, is why some viewers may not have watched as much this year is that we were favored by so much. I have a brother that lives in Denver and we grew up Bison fans in Fargo and he is a casual follower now, but when he saw the line for the game and watched the first few minutes he said he felt it was going to be a blow out so he went and did other stuff since it was midday.

Second, we so badly need this FCS championship game to be at like 6pm it is ridiculous. Maybe that will never happen cause of the NFL playoff games, but then it needs to be moved to Friday for the maximum viewership. Shoot, I sometimes sit down at night and watch the Division II title for a while because it is on in the evening, but that would never happen if it was midday.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Should be a Friday night game. 7pm

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Ratings would be basically the same, maybe worse if it was on ESPN2.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.