Page 34 of 61 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU Football TV Ratings

Default Re: NDSU Football TV Ratings

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    I did not say we are going d2 I said fcs will be relegated to d2 status if the g5 ever figure out a real playoff.

Your link goes no where.

But here are a few talking about it dying.....
    https://youtu.be/cvNV70pINxc

College football heads in wrong direction with largest attendance drop in 34 years
    https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...p-in-34-years/

If you don't think football is dying just do a bit of digging
    https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...eld-this-fall/

""The sport of college football continues to grow as more and more colleges and universities see the benefit of playing football. This upcoming season, a record number of college and university football programs will play football. According to the National Football Foundation and the College Football Hall of Fame, a grand total of 778 college football teams will play across all levels of the sport, from FBS and FCS to Division 2, Division 3, and the NAIA.""
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Its always been ----just because there is a payout ---that doesnt mean thats a good reason to move up.
    I guess then it should not also be used as reason not to move up as well then. U can't have it both ways

I guess then it should not also be used as reason not to move up as well then. U can't have it both ways
    Im not using it both ways.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Im not using it both ways.
    Two words
    Ok.....several times in the last 3 pages.

Depends which argument fits the current narrative. Plenty use the FBS bowls cause u to go broke argument as a rational not to move up. I am just saying it can't be both, it has to be one or the other
    Last edited by MAKBison; 12-23-2018 at 07:01 AM.

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...eld-this-fall/

""The sport of college football continues to grow as more and more colleges and universities see the benefit of playing football. This upcoming season, a record number of college and university football programs will play football. According to the National Football Foundation and the College Football Hall of Fame, a grand total of 778 college football teams will play across all levels of the sport, from FBS and FCS to Division 2, Division 3, and the NAIA.""

I hope your right, but that article comes from a business/network that benefits from the $$$ football generates. It is in its best interest to provide an alternative narrative.

Again, I hope it's true that football is growing, but I see way more of
    this....

By any measure in the National Federation of High School Associations’ athletic participation survey — the most comprehensive annual study of youth sports participation in the United States — football is nearing a decade of decline. A few numbers from the 2017-18 NFHS survey, released in August (numbers are aggregated after they are reported by NFHS’ state athletic association members that oversee high school sports):he number of 11-player football participants is down 6.5 percent from its peak in 2009-10 — to 1,039,079 at 14,079 schools during the 2017-18 season from a top of 1,110,527 at 14,226 schools. The number of girls in 11-player football has nearly doubled during that time, but that’s only to 2,237 players, not nearly enough to make up for 72,436 fewer boys.
    That 2017 participation number also is down 1.9 percent from 2016-17.
    The average number of participants at each school in 11-player football has dropped to 74 per team in 2017, from 78 in 2009. That includes freshman, junior varsity and varsity ball.
    Outdoor track passed football as the most popular participatory sport in 2016-17 and remains No. 1 even though overall participation in that sport fell by 6,000. Outdoor track in 2017-18 had 1,088,689 participants (600,097 boys and 494,477 girls) — which is more than the 1,068,870 participants in 6-player, 8-player, 9-player and 11-player football combined.
    Last edited by MAKBison; 12-23-2018 at 07:05 AM.

By any measure in the National Federation of High School Associations’ athletic participation survey — the most comprehensive annual study of youth sports participation in the United States — football is nearing a decade of decline. A few numbers from the 2017-18 NFHS survey, released in August (numbers are aggregated after they are reported by NFHS’ state athletic association members that oversee high school sports):he number of 11-player football participants is down 6.5 percent from its peak in 2009-10 — to 1,039,079 at 14,079 schools during the 2017-18 season from a top of 1,110,527 at 14,226 schools. The number of girls in 11-player football has nearly doubled during that time, but that’s only to 2,237 players, not nearly enough to make up for 72,436 fewer boys.
    That 2017 participation number also is down 1.9 percent from 2016-17.
    The average number of participants at each school in 11-player football has dropped to 74 per team in 2017, from 78 in 2009. That includes freshman, junior varsity and varsity ball.
    Outdoor track passed football as the most popular participatory sport in 2016-17, and remains No. 1 even though overall participation in that sport fell by 6,000. Outdoor track in 2017-18 had 1,088,689 participants (600,097 boys and 494,477 girls) — which is more than the 1,068,870 participants in 6-player, 8-player, 9-player and 11-player football combined.
    But more colleges are playing football than ever. yawn.

So-------What do you want to argue about next??????

I will make this one easy for you-----the sky is blue. Now you can explain how the sky isnt exactly blue------

But more colleges are playing football than ever. yawn.

So-------What do you want to argue about next??????

I will make this one easy for you-----the sky is blue. Now you can explain how the sky isnt exactly blue------
    Lol....what type of pizza do u like?

An actual study vrs an opinion piece authored by a network that makes $$$$ from football.

Btw: the piece is based off a year of over average growth. I bet if we had accesses to the numbers it would show a dip in average program growth given the number of programs folding over the long term. Maybe not there are lots of reason which might explain the increase. I just hope it's accureste, unfortunate I doubt it is.
    Last edited by MAKBison; 12-23-2018 at 06:43 AM.

Lol....what type of pizza do u like?
    Are you going to tell me thats not the pizza I really like???

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Its the language they use. It was all over the Florida, UCF scheduling discussions that came out this week.
    What I get a kick out of UCF and their conference, AAC, is that they like to claim they're a part of the P6. This type of reasoning reminds of the football luncheon where our company (USAW) shared a table with the Mountain West. I could not get them to address that they along with the rest of the G5 conferences were getting screwed by the P5. All they kept saying was that they will prove on Saturdays that they will beat them (P5), which to me, was their way of saying they were equal. Of course, I wouldn't have brought this issue up if they didn't laugh their arses off at me when I was adamant about NDSU beating Iowa later that year.
    Hail the BISON!!!

No just curious if it came down to u choosing between two pies which would u want most?

I know u won't change your mind and u think football is growing so what's the point....I have yet to see anyone sway you from an opinion. U provided evidence its growing I think at best its a spurious relationship and provided data to suggest why. Not much more I can do