Page 31 of 61 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU Football TV Ratings

Default NDSU Football TV Ratings

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    I used to think going FBS would bring in better athletes and it might, but we have been killing it as of late so I am not so sure that actually changes these days.

For me at present, I am all for a jump, but only once there is a legit Playoff for the G5. Going to the G5 now seems to be alteral move.
    I’ve discussed this before and it gets glanced by every time, but if NDSU were to move up, the quality of athletes could drop, maybe for the first five to ten years. After that, it would depend on the Bison’s success. I base this assumption on how many times NDSU has beaten a G5 school for a recruit and the recruit mentions playing for a National Championship being important to him (along with items like the school’s culture and fan base).

I don’t think it would be program killer, but it could set NDSU behind the better FCS schools like SDSU for awhile.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Default Re: NDSU Football TV Ratings

I would have masssive interest in the MWC, that is a legit mid-level conference where you could build the kind of SOS to get into a big game.

That MAC is like a slightly better MVFC with weekday games.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    If youre going to have this conversation then they both go hand in hand. You cant have one with out the other.
    Everyone knows about the financial issues that would come up. You can absolutely have the conversation about the FBS as far as on the field product is concerned without bringing up finances. Question still stands: Would you be interested in FBS if the G5 was included?
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I’ve discussed this before and it gets glanced by every time, but if NDSU were to move up, the quality of athletes could drop, maybe for the first five to ten years. After that, it would depend on the Bison’s success. I base this assumption on how many times NDSU has beaten a G5 school for a recruit and the recruit mentions playing for a National Championship being important to him (along with items like the school’s culture and fan base).

I don’t think it would be program killer, but it could set NDSU behind the better FCS schools like SDSU for awhile.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    I think we are sorta saying the same thing.....I don't think it would be as much of a drop as I think you do. But, given the past few classes, (this most recent one being the best we have ever had on paper), I don't think going FBS makes us all that much better. I think it actually is a wash...we don't get better recruits, but we don't get worse either.

But, I follow your logic and it is a possablity!

GSUsTALON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post

I don't think recruiting would drop at all. NDSU if they moved up. NDSU were champs in D2, moved up to FCS and took it over. (YOU'RE THE ONLY TEAM IN YOUR AREA THAT COULD DO THAT) FCS does have a playoff system & that is the only way to go. I don't really consider a 4 team playoff system for FBS a true playoff system. FBS must move to an 8 team playoff system. The G5 must move to an 8 team playoff system with the top G5 teams allowed to go to a larger bowl if they have earned it. I do think that the G5 will adopt an 8 team playoff system before the P5, maybe within the next 5 years.

PARTY ON NDSU

TALON
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Everyone knows about the financial issues that would come up. You can absolutely have the conversation about the FBS as far as on the field product is concerned without bringing up finances. Question still stands: Would you be interested in FBS if the G5 was included?
    I already said no. Not interested in a token spot.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

GSUsTALON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Fans in 1aa thought NDSUs wind in D2 were token & NDSU proved them wrong.
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison

Quote Originally Posted by GSUsTALON View Post
    Outside of football, what other sports does NDSU have a chance at a National Title? Unless G5 creates their own system, NDSU won’t have that chance moving up. If the CFP were to expand to eight or sixteen team brackets, titles would still be slim much like it is for basketball.

Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GSUsTALON View Post
    ?????????????
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Facts is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I would be interested, very interested. If one of the 8 was for a G5 I think many on here would be interested too. The culture of Ndsu would do what it’s always done; cause the chase for perfection durning the conference season and give a legitimate chance year after year to be in the theoretical playoff field. Once in the playoffs anything can happen.
    We’ve seen it with 14 National championships and 6/7, doorstep of 7/8.
    Multiple conf championships.
    We’ve seen it repeatedly going 9-3 against fbs with p5 wins.

Why would it be any different at the next level?
    Go Bison.