Page 30 of 61 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU Football TV Ratings

Default Re: NDSU Football TV Ratings

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    I don't know why, with some folks, there's no imagining that we could aspire to better bowl games. But again, even the Las Vegas bowl had 3 million viewers. So someone's watching them. But why wouldn't we make it to the better bowls? Why couldn't being better than the previous year be what we strive for? The idea that we would join FBS and be a middling team in middling bowls from there on out is defeatist.
    Of course we could try to get the better bowls. But our tradition and culture is playing for championships not some Dollargeneralmienikemufflerblowme Bowl.
    If you want NDSU to change its whole culture then this is the route to follow because at this juncture the power 5 isnt going to let anyone in to there protected piggy bank.

Then one one has to ask what are the logistics just to get there and is the end game worth it?????
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The question is if they expand the FBS playoff to 8 teams with a G5 included would you be interested? The expectation of perfection would still be a must and would rely heavily on the tradition and cultur already present at NDSU.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Of course we could try to get the better bowls. But our tradition and culture is playing for championships not some Dollargeneralmienikemufflerblowme Bowl.
    If you want NDSU to change its whole culture then this is the route to follow because at this juncture the power 5 isnt going to let anyone in to there protected piggy bank.

Then one one has to ask what are the logistics just to get there and is the end game worth it?????
    I used to think going FBS would bring in better athletes and it might, but we have been killing it as of late so I am not so sure that actually changes these days.

For me at present, I am all for a jump, but only once there is a legit Playoff for the G5. Going to the G5 now seems to be alteral move.

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    The question is if they expand the FBS playoff to 8 teams with a G5 included would you be interested? The expectation of perfection would still be a must and would rely heavily on the tradition and cultur already present at NDSU.
    With only 1 spot for a G5 seems like you'd putting yourself into a pre BCS circumstance where your fate is entirely determined by an arbitrary vote.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Make a move thats going to cost millions in the HOPES of getting THE token spot ???? No way.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    With only 1 spot for a G5 seems like you'd putting yourself into a pre BCS circumstance where your fate is entirely determined by an arbitrary vote.
    Yeah that is true but the expectations would still be the same for the program and fans. Need to win win win. UCF, Houston and Western Michigan would have all been in the last 4 years. No reason to think NDSU couldn’t be in that spot or in the running every year. Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    I used to think going FBS would bring in better athletes and it might, but we have been killing it as of late so I am not so sure that actually changes these days.

For me at present, I am all for a jump, but only once there is a legit Playoff for the G5. Going to the G5 now seems to be alteral move.
    Big 10 or Big 12??? Im all in. Mac or MWC. I have no interest.

Make a move thats going to cost millions in the HOPES of getting THE token spot ???? No way.

Everyone knows this! Talking about product on the field.

Everyone knows this! Talking about product on the field.
    If youre going to have this conversation then they both go hand in hand. You cant have one with out the other.

Big 10 or Big 12??? Im all in. Mac or MWC. I have no interest.
    Agreed----- unless the G5 comes up with an FCS like playoff. If they were to do that then we would be forced to jump or suffer a significant loos concnering the quality of players. If the G5 had an FCS type playoff we would not be getting the Athletes we do today and the quality of SU FB would decrease.

Also, do u need to be in the MAC or MWC to be a stepping stone of a B10 B12?.... IDK

I know this.....f they G5 ever decided to do a true FCS style playoff it would be a hell of a lot of fun.