Page 11 of 61 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU Football TV Ratings

Default Re: NDSU Football TV Ratings

[QUOTE=DakotaOkie;1093947]Probably not considering the Alabama/Clemson confetti was also mostly yellow.[/QUOTE]

Sent to the wrong game?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    The NCAA's FCS checkbook would really be in shitty shape if NDSU wasn't chucking the post season PIG SKIN at them.
    FIFY

NDSU has been subsidizing the FCS for 5 years now, aren't you guys sick of being USED??
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Anyone else notice that they didn't have any souvenir cups that related to the Championships game? I buy one every year and put them in my office, but when the cup I got this year only referenced the Dallas FC team, I left it in my seat's cup-holder. Also was concerned that they weren't selling programs as it took me till halftime to find out they were only selling them at their merchandising booths. Usually I bought one right after walking into the stadium.
    Hail the BISON!!!

We bought our program right after walking in the gates. That was before the pep rallies so maybe they only did that so long?

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Anyone else notice that they didn't have any souvenir cups that related to the Championships game? I buy one every year and put them in my office, but when the cup I got this year only referenced the Dallas FC team, I left it in my seat's cup-holder. Also was concerned that they weren't selling programs as it took me till halftime to find out they were only selling them at their merchandising booths. Usually I bought one right after walking into the stadium.
    It's OK to not be OK.

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by KC Bison View Post
    Interest in UND appears to be cycling in a downward trend.
    In statistics we call that particular trend - Going Down the Shitder.
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    They aren't playing with bottomless bucket of cash.
    Yeah.. Sorry but I call bullshit on this one.

he NCAA had total revenue of nearly $1 billion during its 2014 fiscal year, according to an audited financial statement the association released Wednesday.The total resulted in a nearly $80.5 million surplus for the year – almost $20 million more than the surplus the NCAA had in 2013 and the fourth consecutive year in which the annual surplus has exceeded $60 million.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...enue/70161386/

That's basketball money and P5 money. Their membership isn't going to let them spend it on a better FCS Championship. It's just another olympic sport when it comes down to the money.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    That's basketball money and P5 money. Their membership isn't going to let them spend it on a better FCS Championship. It's just another olympic sport when it comes down to the money.
    Harsh, yes. True, yes.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    True, but it probably generates a lot more money than say the national swimming meet or tennis tournament. If you read the article linked by NDSUSR, 70% of the 2014 revenue was from the broadcast rights to the NCAA tournament. President Emmert indicated the rest of the 30% came "predominantly from tickets sales and "ancillary efforts around the tournament" which I assume are things like the fan fest. Of the revenue, 55% goes directly back to schools and conferences. I have no idea if this includes reimbursements for tournament expenses or if those are separate. Let's assume they are separate. They operated with an 8% surplus (not a bad idea) and spent about 15% on legal fees which leaves 22% of their revenue to cover costs for all their expenses (building, staff, conventions, etc.) including reimbursements for championships. ALL championships including bowling, skiing, rowing, and D3 fencing. Combined there are 90 championships in 24 sports that are paid for through the 22%. That gets spread pretty thin and the FCS championships probably get a decent percentage of it compared to others. If each championship got an equal amount of the remaining $220m (and we know those are expenses include non-championship expenses), it would only be $2.4m. I don't imagine bowling, for example, takes up nearly that much, but you get the idea. The FCS tournament is not a bottomless vat of cash where they can do whatever they wanted.