Page 49 of 61 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU Football TV Ratings

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU Football TV Ratings

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    Quitter!!!! LOL

My Viking fandom makes me appreciate NDSU more. Although as I get older, I find myself gravitating toward college football more. I think it is the "sameness" of NFL games (they all kinda do the same thing), and penalties, especially pass interference, which seems heavily slanted to the offense. Its almost to the point of drawing a pass interference call is a viable offensive strategy.
    College football can be far more entertaining. Especially since every game means so much, often even the first game of the year. But there's also a lot more mismatches that lead to blowouts.

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    I would say at the time by Bison fandom started in '06, I was about 60% and 100% committed to the bison and Vikes, respectively
    Today, I would say that I am 100% committed to the Bison and about 80% committed to the Vikes.

years of excellence and years of heartbreak will do that to a fan lol. Vikes are second fiddle for me, by alot
    I'm to the point now on Sundays where I'm 40% Vikings and 60% fantasy football. As in I'll trade a Vikings loss if it means I'll get a fantasy football win. At least I know my fantasy football team has a chance to not blow it when it really starts to count.

On a related note my Vikings fandom basically consists of expecting them to lose every game they play... especially the important ones. That way I'm never disappointed when they perform like they did against Green Bay in week 16 but I'm just as happy when they perform like they did in New Orleans in the wild card round of the playoffs. The last time I let my guard down was the week after the Minneapolis Miracle thinking "This has to be the year after something like that happened!"... never again will I let the Vikings give my nuts another free shot like I did then.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I'm to the point now on Sundays where I'm 40% Vikings and 60% fantasy football. As in I'll trade a Vikings loss if it means I'll get a fantasy football win. At least I know my fantasy football team has a chance to not blow it when it really starts to count.

On a related note my Vikings fandom basically consists of expecting them to lose every game they play... especially the important ones. That way I'm never disappointed when they perform like they did against Green Bay in week 16 but I'm just as happy when they perform like they did in New Orleans in the wild card round of the playoffs. The last time I let my guard down was the week after the Minneapolis Miracle thinking "This has to be the year after something like that happened!"... never again will I let the Vikings give my nuts another free shot like I did then.
    Yeah, but the warning signs were there. Other than the miracle play New Orleans had their way with the Vikings in the second half and Philly just continued that.

I will have to say that fantasy adds a great addition to the NFL. As for Clowney. It is a shame he did not get ejected for that cheap shot. I will say the one sweet thing about the Vike season was the win in New Orleans. The dirty Bountygate crap has eaten at me for years. That really was the forced end to Farve's career because he was do beat up during that game. He never healed up.

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    I would say at the time by Bison fandom started in '06, I was about 60% and 100% committed to the bison and Vikes, respectively
    Today, I would say that I am 100% committed to the Bison and about 80% committed to the Vikes.

years of excellence and years of heartbreak will do that to a fan lol. Vikes are second fiddle for me, by alot
    Lame. My serious Bison fandom started with game #1 against the Goophs during same time period. I was about 60/100 with Bison/Vikes. Then after year 2 of Favre it went to 100/60. Now it's probably about 110/10 realistically.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    I did the same about 8 years ago, that and I don't care for thug ball and all the rules changes in the NFL. Just kick the cheap shot players out for good......like the piece of crap Clowney that knocked Carson out of the game with a spear to the back of the head. Except for following former Bison players I would rather watch rugby and hockey than the NFL. Vikings organization sucks and always will.
    Not sure how you square the ideas here that “thug ball” and the rule changes are both terrible since the point of most of the latter is to eliminate the former.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post

My emotional attachment to the Vikes was huge as a kid and it’s now basically zero. I definitely like the Bison more. if you gave me the power to choose between Bison beating Oregon or Vikes winning the NFC north id rather beat Oregon and it’s not even close

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Not sure how you square the ideas here that “thug ball” and the rule changes are both terrible since the point of most of the latter is to eliminate the former.
    Perhaps off the field issues, acting like a moron on the field Like the knucklehead from KC who acted out a peeing dog skit etc etc. Etc.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

comscore ratings: October: Fargo DMA

comscore is cable & satellite only via actual boxes monitering (Neilsen is diaries/select boxes 1 time a quarter)

Oct 3 NDSU football 18.3 rating (50,000 est audience)
    Oct 4 Carson Wentz Sunday Night Football 20.5 (57,000)
    Oct 4 Vikings football 25.4 (80,000)

Very good number for NDSU, last few years regular season NDSU games are 14-16 ratings, playoffs/sdsu/uni games hit 18-20 ratings.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    comscore ratings: October: Fargo DMA

comscore is cable & satellite only via actual boxes monitering (Neilsen is diaries/select boxes 1 time a quarter)

Oct 3 NDSU football 18.3 rating (50,000 est audience)
    Oct 4 Carson Wentz Sunday Night Football 20.5 (57,000)
    Oct 4 Vikings football 25.4 (80,000)

Very good number for NDSU, last few years regular season NDSU games are 14-16 ratings, playoffs/sdsu/uni games hit 18-20 ratings.
    Those are impressive numbers
    Is the Fargo DMA the one that covers from Wahpeton to the lakes area to El Fork to just west of Jamestown?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com