Page 57 of 61 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU Football TV Ratings

Default Re: NDSU Football TV Ratings

The NDSU game was on ESPN 2 which has lower cable penetration than ESPN. Also, it was moved to ESPN News for most of the first quarter because of the Bowl game.

1.32M viewer average for the natty: https://showbuzzdaily.com/articles/s...rk-finals.html

Kind of a "meh" in that it wasn't nearly as good as the JMU game in '17 on ESPN2 and less than half of the '19 game vs JMU which was on ABC. But it was by far the most watched programming on ESPN2 and doubled up the stuff they had on ESPN (Sportscenter and college basketball) at the same time in terms of viewers. Would've been even better with a more competitive game I'd guess. Put this game on the damn mothership!

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    1.32M average for the natty: https://showbuzzdaily.com/articles/s...rk-finals.html

Kind of a "meh" in that it wasn't nearly as good as the JMU game in '17 on ESPN2 and less than half of the '19 game vs JMU which was on ABC. But it was by far the most watched programming on ESPN2 and doubled up the stuff they had on ESPN (Sportscenter and college basketball) at the same time in terms of viewers. Put this game on the damn mothership!
    The 2018 National Championship vs Eastern Washington was only 1.004 million, so that's almost 30% increase. Like you said 19 was on the big ABC, so that's got a much wider audience.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

1.32M viewer average for the natty: https://showbuzzdaily.com/articles/s...rk-finals.html

Kind of a "meh" in that it wasn't nearly as good as the JMU game in '17 on ESPN2 and less than half of the '19 game vs JMU which was on ABC. But it was by far the most watched programming on ESPN2 and doubled up the stuff they had on ESPN (Sportscenter and college basketball) at the same time in terms of viewers. Would've been even better with a more competitive game I'd guess. Put this game on the damn mothership!

Wonder if they will give it another go on ABC if Montana makes it and we have a close game. Having this one be a blowout probably didn't help in that respect. We need a few of the "big name" teams with big fan bases to step things up a notch. Montana, Delaware, FAMU, etc. If Jackson State participates in the playoffs, they would probably be a big television draw also. I'd like to see more of the HBCU's make the playoffs, they have big fanbases and entertaining bands.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Wonder if they will give it another go on ABC if Montana makes it and we have a close game. Having this one be a blowout probably didn't help in that respect. We need a few of the "big name" teams with big fan bases to step things up a notch. Montana, Delaware, FAMU, etc. If Jackson State participates in the playoffs, they would probably be a big television draw also. I'd like to see more of the HBCU's make the playoffs, they have big fanbases and entertaining bands.
    They have to get better at football first. Efforts are being made on that front though, it seems.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    The reason they moved it from ABC is because of the extended NFL season, and part of the contract was to simulcast it on ABC and ESPN. That includes pre game shows too. If the game is moved later, it will be competing with NFL games, which is a ratings disaster.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Some of our friends watched it because of us, but turned it at halftime
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    Some of our friends watched it because of us, but turned it at halftime
    Same. I’ve heard from four different people about the game even though I never discussed it with any of them beforehand. Also my brother in law from NJ watched the game but he is originally from Moorhead so has a remote tie.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    The reason they moved it from ABC is because of the extended NFL season, and part of the contract was to simulcast it on ABC and ESPN. That includes pre game shows too. If the game is moved later, it will be competing with NFL games, which is a ratings disaster.
    Yeah, that was the story Dom was sewing together but it didn't really make sense to me since the NFL pregame show didn't start until 2PM CT I believe on Saturday. So they could've pre-empted the pregame show with the FCS championship game (which would've been over by 2 or shortly after if the game went long). Or, like I said earlier, put it on ESPN since it blew away what they did put on there despite ESPN2 having less penetration and passive TVs at businesses and such tuned into it.

Yeah, that was the story Dom was sewing together but it didn't really make sense to me since the NFL pregame show didn't start until 2PM CT I believe on Saturday. So they could've pre-empted the pregame show with the FCS championship game (which would've been over by 2 or shortly after if the game went long). Or, like I said earlier, put it on ESPN since it blew away what they did put on there despite ESPN2 having less penetration and passive TVs at businesses and such tuned into it.
    Most games take over 3 hours. We are the exception since we ran out the clock for the entire 2nd half

Last nights Bama/Georgia game was 3 hours and 41 minutes. If you start at 11 am, the games not over until 2:40 and then you get the post game celebration, which is fun