Page 25 of 61 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU Football TV Ratings

Green1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU Football TV Ratings

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    You had to have your head buried in the sand to not have known that tickets were available last week. Klieman and Larsen were lobbying on radio, there was an article about it on inforum, from Wednesday on the first thing you saw when going to GoBison.com was the "Tickets Available" article, there were tweets and Facebook posts from NDSU Athletics and NDSU Football out there advertising it. I'm not sure what else they could've done. Go knocking door-to-door?
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    Jesus. Can we give it a rest with how NDSU marketing and ticketing 'should handle this?'

Its very simple. Blowout games have less interest. NDSU can spam people all they want about letting people know tickets are available, its not going to change the facts. Then you have a SDSU playoff game that is (shocker) going to be a sell out game. Shockingly no one has any problems with how this was marketed.

If people are too lazy to go to GoBison.com and look if a game is sold out or try and buy tickets then I don't know what to tell ya.
    How many years should people check to see if there are any tickets available before they stop checking?

A facebook post, some tweets and some talk a few times a day on 1660 am is all the communication with the public the ticket office needs?

I think you guys are too close to the program to see people have lives other than Bison football. They don't have time to monitor social media or constantly check GoBison.com in the off chance there might be tickets available. Hell, most don't realize that playoff ticket sales are any different than the regular season.

Quote Originally Posted by Green1 View Post
    How many years should people check to see if there are any tickets available before they stop checking?

A facebook post, some tweets and some talk a few times a day on 1660 am is all the communication with the public the ticket office needs?

I think you guys are too close to the program to see people have lives other than Bison football. They don't have time to monitor social media or constantly check GoBison.com in the off chance there might be tickets available. Hell, most don't realize that playoff ticket sales are any different than the regular season.
    I'm not saying they have to constantly monitor any of those things. I'm saying if they visit GoBison.com once anytime from Wednesday morning through Friday they'd see tickets were available. You can claim people are busy and all that but your first post was blaming the ticket office/NDSU for not "getting the word out". I'm saying they did pretty much everything they could've done and if people are too busy or lazy (doesn't really matter which) to notice you can't put that on the ticket office.

I'm not saying they have to constantly monitor any of those things. I'm saying if they visit GoBison.com once anytime from Wednesday morning through Friday they'd see tickets were available. You can claim people are busy and all that but your first post was blaming the ticket office/NDSU for not "getting the word out". I'm saying they did pretty much everything they could've done and if people are too busy or lazy (doesn't really matter which) to notice you can't put that on the ticket office.

I can put it on the ticket office. If the plan was "we will always have more demand than supply of tickets and therefore not have a active role in ticket sales " then I would suggest, it wasn't much of a plan. Passive sales techniques only work in high demand environments. Something the ticket office has enjoyed for years. Being unable to move in a pro-active manner in order to realize untapped demand is on them.
    Last edited by Green1; 12-12-2018 at 06:18 PM. Reason: spelling

People ASSUME every game is sold out without doing a basic check on gobison.com or calling the ticket office.

I can put it on the ticket office. If the plan was "we will always have more demand than supply of tickets and therefore not have a active role in ticket sales " then I would suggest, it wasn't much of a plan. Passive sales techniques only work in high demand environments. Something the ticket office has enjoyed for years. Being unable to move in a pro-active manner in order to realize untapped demand is on them.
    Quote Originally Posted by bisonsupporter View Post
    People ASSUME every game is sold out without doing a basic check on gobison.com or calling the ticket office.
    So what do you do to fix it? If you both are right nothing short of showing up at the door saying "Hey! You want tickets?!?!?" is going to work based on what we saw last week. I don't think that's very reasonable.

So what do you do to fix it? If you both are right nothing short of showing up at the door saying "Hey! You want tickets?!?!?" is going to work based on what we saw last week. I don't think that's very reasonable.

What's the matter with some active marketing? TV ads? Google Ads? Newpaper ads? You know, something where you actively reach out to people that are uninformed of the ticket situation.

The fact of the matter is the ticket office/marketing:

1. Sends out emails
    2. Tweets
    3. Posts multiple Facebook posts
    4. Updates their website very often with current information

And yet...no one is ever satisfied with it. People seem to think that they should be blasting people's emails constantly or making outbound calls to let people know tickets are available. These are also the same people bitching all week on NDSU's pages that they "were there right at 7 am on the site and i still couldn't get tickets. This is bullshit!" When not even 2 weeks ago it was comment after comment condemning people for not being 'real fans' and seeing empty seats. Gimme a break.

If someone doesn't even try to see if tickets are available because they assume they are sold out; good riddance. If you can't spend 30 seconds to do some work then you sure as hell can't be bothered to actually walk to your seat, let alone cheer.

Well, we now have a new twist for next year. I think maybe tickets will move for next season.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    The fact of the matter is the ticket office/marketing:

1. Sends out emails
    2. Tweets
    3. Posts multiple Facebook posts
    4. Updates their website very often with current information

And yet...no one is ever satisfied with it. People seem to think that they should be blasting people's emails constantly or making outbound calls to let people know tickets are available.

If someone doesn't even try to see if tickets are available because they assume they are sold out; good riddance. If you can't spend 30 seconds to do some work then you sure as hell can't be bothered to actually walk to your seat, let alone cheer.

They are only reaching those fans within their database with this approach. They need to get the message of available tickets to those fans unfamiliar with the how's and when's of ticket buying. The target customer is one who has an interest in Bison football but is unaware that the opportunity exists to purchase tickets. They will not be in their database because they were unable to purchase tickets gave up on getting their hands on some through the ticket office.

They could act like a business that has been sold out of a product for a long time but now have inventory that they would like to sell. Is only contacting previous buyers the only way the product can be sold? Of course not.

They are only reaching those fans within their database with this approach. They need to get the message of available tickets to those fans unfamiliar with the how's and when's of ticket buying. The target customer is one who has an interest in Bison football but is unaware that the opportunity exists to purchase tickets. They will not be in their database because they were unable to purchase tickets gave up on getting their hands on some through the ticket office.

They could act like a business that has been sold out of a product for a long time but now have inventory that they would like to sell. Is only contacting previous buyers the only way the product can be sold? Of course not.
    What?

Let me ask you this. If you were to decide "Hey, i think I wanna go to a Boston Celtics game." What do you do? Do you perhaps go to their website?

Is the internet this giant mystery? How about a telephone?

You're acting as if NDSU is missing out on millions of dollars on the very large market of people unable or unwilling to use the internet.