Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1151596061

Thread: NDSU Football TV Ratings

Default Re: NDSU Football TV Ratings

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Barely over a 1M is not good for being on ABC no matter how lopsided the game was. The only football competition was Army/Navy so I was hoping it would cross 2M being on an OTA network. The Celebration Bowl will likely get north of 2M this Saturday on ABC (kicking off 2.5 hours earlier though) and they'll be competing for eyeballs with several other bowl games I believe.
    Had to chuckle a little reading that. Regardless of how good or bad those two teams are it's one of the only non premier/top 5 team matchups that you know is going to get eyeballs. Casual football fan sees two games on TV. A total blowout from the FCS playoffs in a stadium that has black walls 5 ft out of the back of the end zone or Army/Navy. Which do you think they will watch?

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Had to chuckle a little reading that. Regardless of how good or bad those two teams are it's one of the only non premier/top 5 team matchups that you know is going to get eyeballs. Casual football fan sees two games on TV. A total blowout from the FCS playoffs in a stadium that has black walls 5 ft out of the back of the end zone or Army/Navy. Which do you think they will watch?
    Army/Navy drew 7M - that's a far cry what top tier college games draw during the regular season. Last year's natty on ABC pulled 1.07M and that was going head-to-head against NFL games on 2 other OTA networks.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Army/Navy drew 7M - that's a far cry what top tier college games draw during the regular season. Last year's natty on ABC pulled 1.07M and that was going head-to-head against NFL games on 2 other OTA networks.
    Disappointing to see Villanova/SDSU pull much bigger numbers on ESPN. Feels like that shouldn't happen. ABC normally performs higher, and has wider distribution.

This years natty on Jan 7 will likely have the same NFL game competition.

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Disappointing to see Villanova/SDSU pull much bigger numbers on ESPN. Feels like that shouldn't happen. ABC normally performs higher, and has wider distribution.

This years natty on Jan 7 will likely have the same NFL game competition.
    They had bigger numbers because all the Jacks fans stayed home! Did you see their fans in the stands? Not many there...
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    They had bigger numbers because all the Jacks fans stayed home! Did you see their fans in the stands? Not many there...
    But it was a sellout according to the announced attendance...

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    LOL! That would have only moved the numbers by a few dozen though.
    Nah ... I'll blame army-navy game I guess. But hard to explain in some ways.

1 million people watched our game? No way, that's way too low. I bet Lakes alone got 1 million people to watch it.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    1 million people watched our game? No way, that's way too low. I bet Lakes alone got 1 million people to watch it.
    Think of every grandma of every player for the last 10ish years. That alone would push the scale.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    People dont watch blowouts. Game was over at halftime
    This is why.