Page 29 of 61 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU Football TV Ratings

Default Re: NDSU Football TV Ratings

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Would playing in the Las Vegas Bowl on the 15th like the Mountain West champion be much better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My question is---------if you dont watch the Las Vagas bowl now because its an irrelevant shit bowl why would you want NDSU to play in it?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    My question is---------if you dont watch the Las Vagas bowl now because its an irrelevant shit bowl why would you want NDSU to play in it?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Not really a drop the mic statement. Same can be said for fcs chipper. There is a large majority of SU folks who only started paying attention to it cuz we play in it.

You pay attention to what's relevant to your team.

Would the LV bowl be better....depends on your perspective. Not much difference as far as outside interest

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Not really a drop the mic statement. Same can be said for fcs chipper. There is a large majority of SU folks who only started paying attention to it cuz we play in it.

You pay attention to what's relevant to your team.

Would the LV bowl be better....depends on your perspective. Not much difference as far as outside interest
    Exactly which was my point. If its a shit bowl game it will still be a shit bowl game
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Exactly which was my point. If its a shit bowl game it will still be a shit bowl game
    So we should play in neither because neither have much outside interest?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    So we should play in neither because neither have much outside interest?
    This is in regards to the end all FBS playing in a bowl game subject---why move up if thats what the end game is.

I don't know why, with some folks, there's no imagining that we could aspire to better bowl games. But again, even the Las Vegas bowl had 3 million viewers. So someone's watching them. But why wouldn't we make it to the better bowls? Why couldn't being better than the previous year be what we strive for? The idea that we would join FBS and be a middling team in middling bowls from there on out is defeatist.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

News years day bowls are the only ones that matter, and you need to be a top 10 team to get into. Can be done but difficult

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    I don't know why, with some folks, there's no imagining that we could aspire to better bowl games. But again, even the Las Vegas bowl had 3 million viewers. So someone's watching them. But why wouldn't we make it to the better bowls? Why couldn't being better than the previous year be what we strive for? The idea that we would join FBS and be a middling team in middling bowls from there on out is defeatist.
    Orange Bowl would possible, but very very difficult, but Las Vegas Bowl we could play an unranked 7-6 power 5 team!
    Problem is to make the orange Bowl or Fiesta like Boise did in 2014, we need some good wins and the power 5 conference teams are going away from those games. Their ultimate goal is to only play each other and would never ever travel to your place. Your strength of schedule will be weak
    Last edited by HerdBot; 12-22-2018 at 10:30 PM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

GSUsTALON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Pretty good for little ol fcs
    You mean GREAT!
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison