Page 28 of 61 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU Football TV Ratings

Default Re: NDSU Football TV Ratings

One thing that has changed from last year is that ticket sales are all online. I actually enjoyed going to wait for tickets at 5am for each playoff game. There was usually a local station or two to cover all the people in line which was free advertising. Lots of talk with other fans waiting in line, counting how far back in line you were, and trying to guess if the tickets were going to be sold out before it was your turn. I miss that.

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2018...-ratings-lows/

This article laments low ratings for early bowls this year. For example, the Las Vegas Bowl was down 12% in viewership. BUT...that still amounted to 3.3 million viewers, which is exponentially more than the number of eyeballs we have had glued to any of our games, ever. NDSU and FBS: It's time.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2018...-ratings-lows/

This article laments low ratings for early bowls this year. For example, the Las Vegas Bowl was down 12% in viewership. BUT...that still amounted to 3.3 million viewers, which is exponentially more than the number of eyeballs we have had glued to any of our games, ever. NDSU and FBS: It's time.
    Yeah but that was on ABC.

The NDSU Colgate playoff game had 1.8 million viewers which was better than the below bowls on cable.

ESPN2: NDSU vs SDSU, 846k
    National Championship game is gravy but will be between 1-1.5 million
    Overall playoff run will be worth over 4 million, not including Montana State

Middle Tennessee-Appalachian State New Orleans Bowl had 1.37 million

Georgia Southern vs Eastern Michigan

Utah State-North Texas New Mexico Bowl

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Yeah but that was on ABC.

The NDSU Colgate playoff game had 1.8 million viewers which was better than the below bowls on cable.

ESPN2: NDSU vs SDSU, 846k
    National Championship game is gravy but will be between 1-1.5 million
    Overall playoff run will be worth over 4 million, not including Montana State

Middle Tennessee-Appalachian State New Orleans Bowl had 1.37 million

Georgia Southern vs Eastern Michigan

Utah State-North Texas New Mexico Bowl
    Fair point about ABC. And certainly there are some very lowly bowl games in terms of viewership. But my point, in response to those who always say no one cares about most of these bowls and therefore we shouldn't go FBS, is that many relatively unknown bowls still draw more viewers than our best games do, including the championship games.

Oh, also... I admit you have a good point about the cumulative viewership across a playoff run. I hadn't thought about viewership in that way. Doesn't change my mind, but certainly a good point.

At least we can agree that our basketball program sucks right now.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    Fair point about ABC. And certainly there are some very lowly bowl games in terms of viewership. But my point, in response to those who always say no one cares about most of these bowls and therefore we shouldn't go FBS, is that many relatively unknown bowls still draw more viewers than our best games do, including the championship games.

Oh, also... I admit you have a good point about the cumulative viewership across a playoff run. I hadn't thought about viewership in that way. Doesn't change my mind, but certainly a good point.

At least we can agree that our basketball program sucks right now.
    What sort of difference does that make for the program though? If Joe Blow from Albuquerque watches the Bison in a bowl game because he likes watching bowl games is he going to buy tickets to a Bison game the next year or donate to the athletic department? It may help slightly with recruiting but the Bison get plenty of national TV time as it is and they routinely beat MAC schools in recruiting battles now even with all the Tuesday and Wednesday night MACtion on ESPN throughout October and November.

FWIW the Celebration Bowl got 2.3M viewers on ABC last Saturday which will be the most watched FCS vs FCS game this year. Would you trade a bowl game against the OVC champ for the playoffs if that bowl game got more TV eyeballs? I wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    What sort of difference does that make for the program though? If Joe Blow from Albuquerque watches the Bison in a bowl game because he likes watching bowl games is he going to buy tickets to a Bison game the next year or donate to the athletic department? It may help slightly with recruiting but the Bison get plenty of national TV time as it is and they routinely beat MAC schools in recruiting battles now even with all the Tuesday and Wednesday night MACtion on ESPN throughout October and November.

FWIW the Celebration Bowl got 2.3M viewers on ABC last Saturday which will be the most watched FCS vs FCS game this year. Would you trade a bowl game against the OVC champ for the playoffs if that bowl game got more TV eyeballs? I wouldn't.
    Unless were in a bigger bowl, out playoff run arguably gives more exposure. If we were in the Mac or Mountain West, we could have played on a Wednesday night Frisco Bowl game that probably got lower ratings than the Colgate game. But dont forget about the MAC Championship game which last year drew an audience of 587K

Plus the Fargodome has been featured so much, its almost become famous

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Just imagine if we still had that gawd awful pinwheel at center field

Quote Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
    Just imagine if we still had that gawd awful pinwheel at center field
    That was so friggin ugly. Crazy to think though, the new turf is already 7 years old. May be needing new turf in the next 5 years

Unless were in a bigger bowl, out playoff run arguably gives more exposure. If we were in the Mac or Mountain West, we could have played on a Wednesday night Frisco Bowl game that probably got lower ratings than the Colgate game. But dont forget about the MAC Championship game which last year drew an audience of 587K

If people want to have this discussion, I’ll bet this year’s team would’ve been in a better bowl than the Frisco Bowl. Not apples to apples.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    If people want to have this discussion, I’ll bet this year’s team would’ve been in a better bowl than the Frisco Bowl. Not apples to apples.
    Would playing in the Las Vegas Bowl on the 15th like the Mountain West champion be much better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's OK to not be OK.