Page 21 of 61 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU Football TV Ratings

Default Re: NDSU Football TV Ratings

Have a feeling the final may be the best rated they've had. ESPN even had the audacity to mention its existance on Twitter......

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Only 604k for the SHSU/NDSU semi: http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/article...2-15-2017.html

I'd like to think that was because it was a snoozer but snoozers in the Friday night semi have been pretty common over the last 5 years and this was lower than the destruction of UNH in 2013 (813k), SHSU in 2014 (790k), or Richmond in 2015 (751k). It was way down from the JMU game last year (1.065m) but I'm sure that's due to that game being closer and a much more historically significant game than any of the others since the Bison lost it.

It was still the highest rated show on ESPN2's slate all day last Friday.
    ESPN's total viewership is dropping like a lead balloon. Had this game been 5 years ago it would have been much higher.

Since its peak in May of 2011, the network has lost more than 12 million subscribers, falling from more than 100 million to fewer than 88 million, according to Nielsen. The losses have indeed hit a record pace in the past year.

I would be willing to bet when you count ESPN3 and DVR's it's much higher.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    ESPN's total viewership is dropping like a lead balloon. Had this game been 5 years ago it would have been much higher.

Since its peak in May of 2011, the network has lost more than 12 million subscribers, falling from more than 100 million to fewer than 88 million, according to Nielsen. The losses have indeed hit a record pace in the past year.

I would be willing to bet when you count ESPN3 and DVR's it's much higher.
    That's true but TV ratings for the quarters (until they bumped it down to ESPN2 this year) and the title game have actually been trending up since 2013 if you look at NDSUstudent's numbers from the original post. Still I'm sure that is part of it.

That's true but TV ratings for the quarters (until they bumped it down to ESPN2 this year) and the title game have actually been trending up since 2013 if you look at NDSUstudent's numbers from the original post. Still I'm sure that is part of it.
    I think that goes to show NDSU's brand is very solid.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Viewership for all football appears to be declining. Its a natural response to over saturation of any product. Football is the best tv sport in America but it has peaked and will decline a bit until it levels off. For the first time in NFL history you will witness the value of teams decline, in some cases greatly. ESPN and all its networks are taking some major hits because viewership losses mean sponsorship losses. I wouldn't be investing in TV sports right now!

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    Viewership for all football appears to be declining. Its a natural response to over saturation of any product. Football is the best tv sport in America but it has peaked and will decline a bit until it levels off. For the first time in NFL history you will witness the value of teams decline, in some cases greatly. ESPN and all its networks are taking some major hits because viewership losses mean sponsorship losses. I wouldn't be investing in TV sports right now!
    And they way over paid for some content. Not a good mix

I watch more ESPN than ever... it's just that I don't watch it on the cable channels (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU). SEC anything and NBA regular season? No thanks. I'd rather watch a replay of a D2 playoff game on ESPN3.

Guessing a lot of people do that.

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    For a while there all the cord cutting and time shifting was working in favor the the leagues because live sports was the one place that advertisers could be semi confident they'd get their content seen. That drove some of the over saturation as well. And now, perhaps at long last, both phenomena are beginning to catch up to the leagues.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Only 278k for the JMU/SDSU snoozer on ESPNU Saturday afternoon: http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/article...2-16-2017.html

Only 278k for the JMU/SDSU snoozer on ESPNU Saturday afternoon: http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/article...2-16-2017.html
    Holy Cow that is not a lot of people. Just read on NBCSPORTS site, Mark Cuban, once again talking about the de-valuation of NFL franchises. How about college BBALL? Talk about a watered down sport. There are 5-6 different games on every eve at the same time. I got so sick of college bball over the years that I don't even watch the national title game and havnt for ten years. I have no idea who won last year and couldn't name one team in the final four last year. Now the FBS bowl games start: Jello Bowl, Cereal Bowl, Toilet Bowl. Look forward to the final four match-up games though!!!!