Page 24 of 61 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU Football TV Ratings

Default Re: NDSU Football TV Ratings

Any one know how the regular season games do on statewide TV? I know the Vikings dominate the local TV market on Sundays, I wonder how the Bison fare.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    1.806 million viewers for the Colgate game last Saturday: https://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/da...gs-dec-8-2018/

More than double from the Wofford game in last year's quarterfinal (of course that game was on ESPN2). It's the 2nd most watched football game NDSU has ever played in I believe trailing only the SDSU quarterfinal in 2016.

Meanwhile, there were a ton of tickets available and empty seats in the dome!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonsupporter View Post
    Like I said earlier. ESPN has passive viewership that far exceeds anything that happens on ESPN2 or ESPN3.

ESPN is on at nearly every bar, airport, barber shop as well as thousands of tvs just "on" in the background.

If this game was on ESPN2 it would have half the ratings.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonsupporter View Post
    But why go to the game when you can watch it from the comfort of your own home?

When the game is easy to watch where it is convenient, people won't make the effort to go to games. Thus attendance drops.

Students get bored and leave the game. Most students now only know winning and near domination by the football team. Complacency and waiting to spend the time and effort to the see the big games and eventually the chipper.

When i was a student in 2011, we didn't know until after Christmas that the GSMB would go to Frisco. At the time we thought it was the chance of a lifetime!! Here we are 7 years later and it is almost expected at this point that the Bison go to Frisco. Students and FANS are spoiled and have gotten lazy.

...tiny rant over...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pep Band View Post

When the game is easy to watch where it is convenient, people won't make the effort to go to games. Thus attendance drops.

Students get bored and leave the game. Most students now only know winning and near domination by the football team. Complacency and waiting to spend the time and effort to the see the big games and eventually the chipper.

When i was a student in 2011, we didn't know until after Christmas that the GSMB would go to Frisco. At the time we thought it was the chance of a lifetime!! Here we are 7 years later and it is almost expected at this point that the Bison go to Frisco. Students and FANS are spoiled and have gotten lazy.

...tiny rant over...
    Agreed....then keep raising current season ticket holders prices because you can't sell the empty seats.
    Tailgate, drink, eat, then to a bar or house to watch, drink, and eat some more.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    Any one know how the regular season games do on statewide TV? I know the Vikings dominate the local TV market on Sundays, I wonder how the Bison fare.

NDSU games pull anywhere from a 8 - 11 nielson rating (but 25,000 are at dome or in bars, so I'd say itd be higher)

Vikings games pull 24-26 ratings with 30+ for Vikings/Packers. Vikings/Eagles with Wentz was a 34 this year & NFC title game last year.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pep Band View Post

...tiny rant over...
    I'm sorry but this is an awful excuse. If a national quarterfinal against a team undefeated against FCS competition isn't a big enough game there's going to be very few home games that are "big enough". If that's the case I'd add arrogance to complacency when it comes to describing our fans/students that feel this way.

Green1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Tickets have been so hard to come by for so long that many people don't even think to try to buy a ticket to a Bison football game anymore. They assume it is sold out. Seems like the ticket office is getting complacent in getting the message out.

Quote Originally Posted by Green1 View Post
    Tickets have been so hard to come by for so long that many people don't even think to try to buy a ticket to a Bison football game anymore. They assume it is sold out. Seems like the ticket office is getting complacent in getting the message out.
    You had to have your head buried in the sand to not have known that tickets were available last week. Klieman and Larsen were lobbying on radio, there was an article about it on inforum, from Wednesday on the first thing you saw when going to GoBison.com was the "Tickets Available" article, there were tweets and Facebook posts from NDSU Athletics and NDSU Football out there advertising it. I'm not sure what else they could've done. Go knocking door-to-door?

Quote Originally Posted by Green1 View Post
    Jesus. Can we give it a rest with how NDSU marketing and ticketing 'should handle this?'

Its very simple. Blowout games have less interest. NDSU can spam people all they want about letting people know tickets are available, its not going to change the facts. Then you have a SDSU playoff game that is (shocker) going to be a sell out game. Shockingly no one has any problems with how this was marketed.

If people are too lazy to go to GoBison.com and look if a game is sold out or try and buy tickets then I don't know what to tell ya.