Page 22 of 61 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU Football TV Ratings

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU Football TV Ratings

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    ESPN's total viewership is dropping like a lead balloon. Had this game been 5 years ago it would have been much higher.

Since its peak in May of 2011, the network has lost more than 12 million subscribers, falling from more than 100 million to fewer than 88 million, according to Nielsen. The losses have indeed hit a record pace in the past year.

I would be willing to bet when you count ESPN3 and DVR's it's much higher.
    I would think it would have to be higher if they just counted ESPN3 somehow. Even though we have ESPN through Direct TV I don't know how much I actually watch it. We have HD TV's but I'm not paying extra for the HD service, but yet I can get HD service through ESPN3 for free.

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

ESPN viewership is in trouble. While any cable channel can tell you who is connected to what channel when, that doesn't mean the viewer is watching. I often have ESPN on in the background (noise) and may if something happens that catches my attention, go in and run replay to see what happens ... avoiding all ads.

Cord cutting is a very real problem for ESPN and their Liberal bias pushes more viewer away. There was in interesting discussion on Washington DC 980AM about the future of PRO sports with the owner of the Caps and Wizards. His conclusion is that only gambling will save NFL sports. Check out the https://tunein.com/radio/Bram-Weinstein-Show-p484850/ Bram Weinstein show discussion.
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

Hmmmm?!—> https://twitter.com/claytravis/statu...06745176518657

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Hmmmm?!—> https://twitter.com/claytravis/statu...06745176518657

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dude picked a good day to start sniffing glue.

Hail the BISON!!!

does Ndsu student want to update this thread. This was the most watched championship game.. Also need the Sam Houston numbers

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    does Ndsu student want to update this thread. This was the most watched championship game.. Also need the Sam Houston numbers
    First page has been updated.

Shame I could never find the 2011 numbers, think we had a game on ESPNU and of course the title game.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Please commence making fun of UND hockey TV numbers again for championship games. I get so much perverse joy out of that.

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Please commence making fun of UND hockey TV numbers again for championship games. I get so much perverse joy out of that.
    Might I add "Orgasmic" to the above statement.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Pretty impressive year. We had 3 million watch the 3 playoffs not counting the first playoff game was espn3 and college extra. We were on state wide NBC 10 times, ESPN3 15 times, ESPN College extra most weeks, and had a few games simulcast on midco. We also have Kool TV in Alexandria who expanded into Arvig cable customer markets. Throw in the GoBison stream and a huge radio network... Lots of people saw Bison Football

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

1.515 million viewers
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns