Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nice start to the 2015 outdoor

Default Nice start to the 2015 outdoor

Emily Lesser broke the NDSU record in the shot put.
    Tyler Parker broke the NDSU record in the javelin.

BTW, the women broke six school records during the indoor season which pushes the median date for NDSU indoor records to 2011!

Men's side is lagging a bit. Gotta recruit some sprinters (Bedard and Jochim, of course, are great starts)... the field events are strong though.

BYZEN is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Nice start to the 2015 outdoor

Do we have a sprint coach yet? I'm sure that can only help in the recruiting.
    SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier on NDSU intro video: "This is not meant to be North Dakota State's home game."

I've been pondering this question for a while and can't get a solid answer from a couple track coaches I know. How in the hell can a kid not improve their high school PR even after 1 yr at NDSU? I've seen this happen to a couple in the 400m....even after 4 years.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    I've been pondering this question for a while and can't get a solid answer from a couple track coaches I know. How in the hell can a kid not improve their high school PR even after 1 yr at NDSU? I've seen this happen to a couple in the 400m....even after 4 years.
    Most of the times in high school are hand-held, which will be faster times and in college everything is digital timing. Or sometimes the answer is more personal (i.e. adapting to college life, injuries, etc...) and they just aren't making much progress.

We have never ad a full-time sprint coach. Lars usually has the seniors lead the practices and show the younger guys what to do in the way of running form, weight training, and starts. There may be a grad assistant that may work with them but it has been this way for as long as I can remember.
    They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Castor Troy View Post
    Most of the times in high school are hand-held, which will be faster times and in college everything is digital timing. Or sometimes the answer is more personal (i.e. adapting to college life, injuries, etc...) and they just aren't making much progress.

We have never ad a full-time sprint coach. Lars usually has the seniors lead the practices and show the younger guys what to do in the way of running form, weight training, and starts. There may be a grad assistant that may work with them but it has been this way for as long as I can remember.
    Are times at the ND, SD and MN state meets hand held or digital?
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Are times at the ND, SD and MN state meets hand held or digital?
    At this point I am sure that all of the state meets have digital timing. All of the meets here in town use it.
    They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time.

https://twitter.com/ndsutrackfield/s...74891433267200
    @NDSUTrackField: Erin Teschuk.
    There aren't words for this. 4:17.10 in the 1500m. Stanford Invitational champ.
    New school record. No. 2 in the nation.

https://twitter.com/ndsutrackfield/s...78368792236033
    @NDSUTrackField: The 2nd, 3rd and 4th finishers behind Erin Teschuk in the 1500m were all professionals, including 2 former NCAA champs & 1 U.S. Olympian.

there's more:
    NDSU Track & Field‏@NDSUTrackField·33 mins33 minutes ago
    M.V.B.! Maddie Van Beek just broke a 30-year-old school record by 30 seconds! 16:06.47 in the 5,000m!

533 In a row

Three school records fall... http://gobison.com/news/2015/4/3/WTF_0403153536.aspx

Wow!

Holy carp. That is all.

#HighestLevelOfCompetition
    #Program
    Sent from somewhere on teh intarwebs.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.