Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Nice start to the 2015 outdoor

Default Re: Nice start to the 2015 outdoor

Teschuk's Steeplechase.

Some perspective from other top women's track and field programs, and our Twin Cities neighbor - school records:
    Oregon school record: 9:59
    Wisconsin: 10:03
    Florida: 9:38 (only one person under 10:00)
    Minnesota: 9:59
    Colorado, which has had two Olympians, (Emma Coburn and Jenny Barringer) has the Collegiate record of 9:25 per track and field news).

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    I heard it happened again just this past week. Must not be the highest level of competition.
    This is why bisonville is such a great resource. We get news here that we can't get elsewhere. Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo.Rider View Post
    Hard to tell how well athletes will do at the university level compared to high school. Morgan ran a 54.16 yesterday at the Beach Invitational, which is less than a second from her high school best of 53.31. She maybe will not do better at NDSU (than in high school), but I think she will. For some athletes it takes time to adjust to the rigors and demands of college level competition - not only physically, but mentally. The demands in the workouts and in the classroom (dependent upon the major of course) are usually way higher than for high school. The biggest variable for women is how much their body changes - they change much more than men do from a freshman year of high school to a sophomore year of college.

I might add ... Roesler ran 2:03.08 as a sophomore in high school, she did not improve upon that until her junior year at Oregon.
    Keep in mind Milbrath also suffered a hamstring injury her senior year of high school. Bouncing back into running shape is never easy - look at Amanda Levin after she tore her ACL senior year in volleyball. Her sprint speed isn't the same just yet, but now they moved her to multis which is working well.

Not even a word in the latest Bison Video Blog?
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Not even a word in the latest Bison Video Blog?

Nothing on the radio this morning either. Although they did mention softball.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Nothing on the radio this morning either. Although they did mention softball.
    I'm thinking if Erin can crack the top 5 in the WORLD steeple list she may warrant some press. She needs to step up.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

I'm thinking if Erin can crack the top 5 in the WORLD steeple list she may warrant some press. She needs to step up.

Clearly, it's a motivational technique. I suppose we should be thanking The Forum.
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...

Clearly, it's a motivational technique. I suppose we should be thanking The Forum.
    I got em figured out. They refuse to do a story until her performance makes the official list. I don't see it yet. Just solid journalism I guess.

http://www.trackandfieldnews.com/ind...d=W&yyear=2015

I got em figured out. They refuse to do a story until her performance makes the official list. I don't see it yet. Just solid journalism I guess.

http://www.trackandfieldnews.com/ind...d=W&yyear=2015

Anyone know how long it takes for the Track and Field News to update their lists? I've been watching that website for years, usually on a weekly basis and can't recall them taking more than a day or two to update?