Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015/2016 Season

Default Re: 2015/2016 Season

CollegeSportsMadness is doing their annual top 144 teams for the 2015-2016 season. NDSU is ranked #116, 1 spot ahead of Minnesota. They have the Bison ranked 2nd in the Summit.

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/11703

bisonfan08 is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This isn't a terrible article but one section tells me this guy didn't watch a whole lot of NDSU basketball:

"Werner’s numbers didn’t blow away anyone last season (8.4 ppg, 5.4 rpg) but it’s his per-40 stats that should really be looked at. He averaged 16.9 points and 10.9 rebounds per 40 minutes, truly stunning numbers. The talent is there, now it’s time for Werner to start staying on the floor. He averaged only 2.3 fouls per game last season, not a horrible number however, it was his iffy motor that held him back. He’s not particularly tall (6-6) but is large (245 pounds). He’ll need to get in a little better shape for next season if he hopes to see a jump in his stats."

Anybody that watched a full game of NDSU basketball last year knows that Big Dex was the hardest working player on the floor for every second he was out there. I've never seen anybody at NDSU hustle that much for rebounds and loose balls and fly all over on defense, it makes me upset to see this and have anyone read that and think that way about him.

Based on the part as well where he said Richman's recruiting is lagging behind his coaching because we don't have any ranked recruits also shows they don't know a whole lot about mid-major basketball. These last 2 recruiting classes have been great gets for Bison basketball.

^^^^^^
    You would think that if he watched...I don't know...the NCAA tournament he would think otherwise.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    ^^^^^^
    You would think that if he watched...I don't know...the NCAA tournament he would think otherwise.
    Pffft. Nobody watches that.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

I can't believe I'm gonna say this but I'm at least as excited about men's bb season as fb. Gonna be a fun year. Men's bb, fb, wrestling etc.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    I can't believe I'm gonna say this but I'm at least as excited about men's bb season as fb. Gonna be a fun year. Men's bb, fb, wrestling etc.

Same here. I like football way more than basketball, but can't wait for Bison basketball this season to start!!!

Which reminds me. I sent in the online request for season tickets and have yet to get a response. Of course living in Bismarck and trying to get to the majority of home bb games pretty much guarantees timely winter storms screwing up the plans with an occasional overnight stay in VC. Pizza Corner!

When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Which reminds me. I sent in the online request for season tickets and have yet to get a response. Of course living in Bismarck and trying to get to the majority of home bb games pretty much guarantees timely winter storms screwing up the plans with an occasional overnight stay in VC. Pizza Corner!

They likely will not contact you until all season ticket holders have renewed which is sept 1st.

NDSU basketball competes at a Higher level then football , so I'm a BBALL fan!! Bigger stages too!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    They likely will not contact you until all season ticket holders have renewed which is sept 1st.
    Ah, thanks for the info