Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: 2015/2016 Season

Default Re: 2015/2016 Season

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    JD broke that news days ago; see above. I was serious in my post above.
    That post mentioned nothing about Wesenberg or Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    That post mentioned nothing about Wesenberg or Miller.
    Good point.

Ok looking at this upcoming bison schedule:

If you want to be a serious basketball school & step up a level, you don't lose more than 5 in this season:

Illinois - L (ndsu up 14)
    Iowa State - L top 10 team

Utah State lost to a D2 last week, we need to beat them
    Arkansas St lost to SIU-Edwardsville we should beat them
    Idaho St was 7-23 last year we should beat them
    Southern Miss was 9-20 last year we should beat them

Montana, Montana st , Und all need to be wins.

Seriously, we lose 2-3 games AT MOST in Non Conference and sure, go ahead and stub your toe 1-2 in Summit Play

if NDSU wants to be a LEGIT Mid Major basketball school and WE ALL WANT THAT! then you go 25-5 at WORST this year.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

If the road trip is any indication it looks like NDSU will go 7 deep with big minutes (8 when Kading is back) and then Eliason will get 6 to 10 big man minutes to throw his body around, Ishola will get some defensive specialty minutes, and Dylan Miller doesn't have much of a role right now. Hoping this is just one of those scenarios where they expect to get him more and more into the rotation as they play at home, in conference, etc. Any idea what the thinking is there? Surprised at how few minutes he played with Kading out against 2 big teams.

Lastly, what is the story with Trey Miller. Is he injured or just one of those guys that will take a few years to work into a role? I'll hang up and listen.

tcbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by herdmember View Post
    If the road trip is any indication it looks like NDSU will go 7 deep with big minutes (8 when Kading is back) and then Eliason will get 6 to 10 big man minutes to throw his body around, Ishola will get some defensive specialty minutes, and Dylan Miller doesn't have much of a role right now. Hoping this is just one of those scenarios where they expect to get him more and more into the rotation as they play at home, in conference, etc. Any idea what the thinking is there? Surprised at how few minutes he played with Kading out against 2 big teams.

Lastly, what is the story with Trey Miller. Is he injured or just one of those guys that will take a few years to work into a role? I'll hang up and listen.
    I thought that Dylan Miller would have a role. I had heard the staff was high on him. Not sure what the deal is.

17 Times Football National Champions
    BISON PRIDE!

I think Dylan will earn more minutes as the season goes on. Hes only played 2 games that count, like most freshman it will just take some time but I do think he can play a role this season for us.

Trey is coming off a pretty nasty injury last season. I think a lot of this season for him will just be getting the strength back and getting used to college ball. Hes kind of behind a little bit with not being able to practice much last season.

Just my thoughts...

DMiller and SEliason are battling for those 6 to 10 minutes per game with Big Spencer getting the nod at the moment. When Kading returns neither is likely to get huge minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by tcbison View Post
    I thought that Dylan Miller would have a role. I had heard the staff was high on him. Not sure what the deal is.
    The deal is he is an 18 year old Freshman who just went on his first road trip. Lets relax on expectations of our 8-10th type kids. Typically...TYPICALLY, kids come in with smaller roles and end up larger roles down the road. He can help us, and will. That is a position where foul trouble exists, where our starter is already coming off multiple surgeries. You cannot have enough eligible big men. He won't be huge in every game, but I would bet there will be a few that are really important to us.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.