Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU-Minnesota 2006

Default Re: NDSU-Minnesota 2006

Quote Originally Posted by 0505gobison
    As a resident of the Twin Cities, I dare say that there are nearly as many alumni living down here as in Fargo. Though we would like to, many of us aren't able to get up to more than one or two games in the Fargodome. We'll ALL be going to the metrodome on Oct. 21st. I believe the attendance could be greater than many people think.
    Ditto. I also live in the TC and will be there with a dozen+ alums, etc who don't normally make it to Fargo for Bison games. This is an event.

Tick, tick, tick.

A good showing of Bison fans will help the Bison get more $ in the future. Normally, I-AA opponents coming into the Metrodome bring so few visiting fans, that it can be counted as zero. Zero fans = $0.00. So, Minnesota isn't counting on any return from fans of visiting I-AA teams. So, any improvement over that $0.00 means that that opponent is more valuable to schedule, and thus the opponent can ask more money.

If 5,000 Bison fans come at $20 per ticket, that's $100,000 in revenues for Minnesota that they wouldn't have had if they had scheduled some other I-AA opponent (Not many Murray State fans made the trip back in 2001). If 15,000 fans were to come, Minnesota got back in ticket sales all that was paid to NDSU.

Big 10 schools like Indiana ,Illinois, Northwestern also don't draw visiting fans. I'm guessing we will be the 2nd largest crowd behind Wisonsin for a visiting team.

I hope your estimates are right, but I think they are highly over-stated. Just my opinion.

BisonBacker is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MplsBison

With the upgrades being done at the Dome, the Dome Authority will never let NDSU leave. Never.

Maybe seats can be put in the corners of the dome? Increase the capacity to around 22k or so?
    It's not the Dome Authority's decision, it has to do with the contract that they have with them. How long it is and what would it take to buy it out if thats the directions they (NDSU) chose to go. The Dome Authority isn't going to have the final say in where NDSU plays football.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I agree with BisonMike. This is an "event" for most true Bison fans. Personally, I'll probably round up a contingent of a dozen or so from the Pacific Northwest to come with me to the game. Save us a couple of beers in the parking lot before and after, please.

I say a solid (and loud) 10,000 Bison fans. Golpher fans will be confused by that.
    Insert something clever here...

BisonBacker is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Not to mention this is getting the cart way in front of the horse. The Dome is one of the best facilities in IAA for football and by far the best in North and South Dakota.

Now, if they could just pull that giant FARGODOME text off of the turf... it's about 60+ yards wide. Even the Rose Bowl doesn't have anything like that. I think it upstages the teams.

But the Fargodome is a good facility. It will be a while before its capacity becomes a serious consideration. When the attendance gets to the point that its sold old on a regular basis, more seats could be added in the corners, and if that too gets sold out, then you can seriously think of dealing with the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonBryce
    I'm guessing we will be the 2nd largest crowd behind Wisonsin for a visiting team.
    Don't forget about Iowa.

I think that anywhere from 5 - 10 thousand NDSU fans will show up.

It should be a nice showing.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonBacker
    It's not the Dome Authority's decision, it has to do with the contract that they have with them. *How long it is and what would it take to buy it out if thats the directions they (NDSU) chose to go. *The Dome Authority isn't going to have the final say in where NDSU plays football.
    Maybe not the final say.

But can't you picture them saying "look at all we've done for you since 1993! And now you want to leave! Waaaa..." Etc.