Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Proud of This Team!

Default Proud of This Team!

Hell of a season and a whale of a coaching job by Richman. This team improved monumentally from game one to the final game. The team gave a very good Gonzaga team all they could handle, the team just kept on fighting until the bitter end. While I am not into moral victories, I am into watching a team play with Bison pride and go down playing some great basketball which they did in the second half.

Very excited for the future and to see where coach Richman will take this group going forward. That said I am very proud that I got to watch LA for four years, tremendous student athlete that will go down as one of the Bison greats. Thank you LA!

Damn proud to be a Bison right now!
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Proud of This Team!

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Hell of a season and a whale of a coaching job by Richman. This team improved monumentally from game one to the final game. The team gave a very good Gonzaga team all they could handle, the team just kept on fighting until the bitter end. While I am not into moral victories, I am into watching a team play with Bison pride and go down playing some great basketball which they did in the second half.

Very excited for the future and to see where coach Richman will take this group going forward. That said I am very proud that I got to watch LA for four years, tremendous student athlete that will go down as one of the Bison greats. Thank you LA!

Damn proud to be a Bison right now!
    Yes sir, now here's hoping Richman sticks around several more seasons

My god I wish our state put money into their universities like everyWhere else

Just think....
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The players improved a ton throughout the year but a lot of credit goes to the coaches. This is clearly the best coaching job NDSU has had since going D1. I wouldn't be surprised to see next years team take it to the next level and back to a 12 type seed if they make it.

NDSU simply develops talent. This team is homegrown, hardworking, and humble. Coaching staff continues to do a hell of a job building culture and family. Nothing but upside for this group.
    Sent from somewhere on teh intarwebs.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Yes sir, now here's hoping Richman sticks around several more seasons
    im glad this his only his first year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonwinagn View Post
    The players improved a ton throughout the year but a lot of credit goes to the coaches. This is clearly the best coaching job NDSU has had since going D1. I wouldn't be surprised to see next years team take it to the next level and back to a 12 type seed if they make it.
    yeah hopefully we beef up OOC schedule and can get a power conf win to help seeding if we make it again

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

This is honestly one of the few NDSU losses in my life where I'm not completely disappointed. This team improved almost every damn game they stepped foot on the court this year. Seeing them not back down to the giants from Gonzaga made me realize just how much pride they have in this program, and when the game ended I was so proud of them.

Also, I think we need to start talking about getting the Head BB coaches salary closer to what the Football coach makes. This shit is awesome and I want to continue to compete at a high level in basketball.

Pretty amazed and what Richman did coaching during this game - he had balls to completely scrap NDSU's offense and let them freewheel, and he looked to see if he could find a favorable matchup. The beginning of the second half I was wondering wtf we were doing on offense. It was pretty clear as the second half went along Richman told them to just go out and force something. I thought that was pretty brillinat, you don't see ego's in college coaches completely scrap what they want their team to do and live and die by it. It could have backfired and we could have been completely run out of the gym, but the kids stepped up and made plays and made it interesting.

I remember last season when we went down to San Diego St, Richman was begging Saul to make changes to what they should do as that game went along and Saul refused because he wanted to go with what got them there. I have an absolute mancrush on Richman considering what he did this year coaching. Seeing his emotion in the huddle and having balls to see that his offense wasn't going to get it done, he tried something completely unconventional I thought. I could be wrong with that but that's what it looked like to me.

Props to those kids - they played their asses off and let their nuts hang.