Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thank you LA!

Default Re: Thank you LA!

Incredible player and young man, coudnt ask for better representation of student athlete for NDSU.

Thank you LA

i remember when LA was a frosh and the Fresno St coach was telling his player guarding him to sag off him and let him shoot. Man what a turn of events since then.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    i remember when LA was a frosh and the Fresno St coach was telling his player guarding him to sag off him and let him shoot. Man what a turn of events since then.
    His deep range over the years has got way better
    "We All From Africa"

Wish we could have him for a couple more years. LA just keeps getting better and better. Wishing this great young man the very best, he will be missed. Thanks LA !

Can't say it any better than phxbison.

He quietly became one of the best players in NDSU history.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by phxbison View Post
    Wish we could have him for a couple more years. LA just keeps getting better and better. Wishing this great young man the very best, he will be missed. Thanks LA !
    We know how great of a player he is, but I have a feeling that we will appreciate him even more next year when we don't have him. That's not a slight towards anyone on next year's team, he's just that good.

Makes me wonder if Saul should have run more of the O through LA last couple of years.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

I could see him building his game a bit further in the D-league and getting a couple of 10 day contracts and finding a roster spot in a couple of years for a while in the NBA. Or go play in Europe for a while. Very good quiet leader who leads by example. He seemed to be very aware of what he can do and can't do and that is 90% of the battle right there at any level. Comfortable bringing the ball up under pressure and he moves well without the ball. I think he will have to continue building his range, developing a stronger drive to the rim, and setting up teammates in traffic a little better. I like that he isn't flashy. He just gets the job done and there will be a lot of coaches who will appreciate that, as well. Even with the accolades he has earned, his game has always been a little under appreciated, and that will hurt him a little bit going into the next level right away. He just needs a shot in someone's system and can show off he is a smart player who can win ball games and there will be a role for him somewhere. The bottom line is he will have to put in some serious time in the d-league or Europe to eventually get a shot. The way we have seen his game develop from year to year, his progression might just lead him to the highest level.