Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Tournament Media Thread

Default Re: NCAA Tournament Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    I love reading the stories about the Bison in the national media. Every year they end up uncovering stories that, well, to be blunt, should have been in the Forum already...
    Does the Forum cover basketball?
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    High school or college?
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Just saw on Twitter they will have an 8 page section in Thursday's forum on the Bison. Making up for the neglect? Oh, and they know we play Friday right?
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

BYZEN is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Bridge Guy View Post
    Just saw on Twitter they will have an 8 page section in Thursday's forum on the Bison. Making up for the neglect? Oh, and they know we play Friday right?
    Could this be because:
    1. Jeff has been writing articles all season but they have been sitting on the editor's desk?
    B. There is finally enough NATIONAL MEDIA material out there to clip and paste to fill three pages of print with the 5 pages of advertising they have sold to make up the special 8 page sports section.*
    III. The Forum has seen the light and decided it's time to stop this Bison Bashing and ..... Okay, Okay I can't even finish typing that with a straight face.

*With one obligatory column from each writer to justify their existence.**

**And other than Kolpack everyone will get a slight dig into there article.

For you Zaga fan's lurking here: It's obviously B !!!
    SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier on NDSU intro video: "This is not meant to be North Dakota State's home game."

Bison men's basketball program tries to build a model that lasts

Fargo - North Dakota State was practicing at Butler Fieldhouse in Indianapolis a few years ago when then-head coach Saul Phillips pointed to the Butler University championship banners. There was quite a collection of them.

Butler is categorized as a mid-major university that accomplished what most schools that size usually do not do: Consistently reach the NCAA tournament. The Bulldogs’ budget is also five times what NDSU’s is, Phillips noted.

But here is little ol’ mid-major NDSU in the Big Dance again, having accomplished the feat in a Butler-like back-to-back seasons. In seven years of NCAA Division I postseason eligibility, the Bison have now reached the NCAA tournament three times.

“Look at the short time we’ve been in Division I,” said Phillips, now the head coach at Ohio University who still calls NDSU a school of his own. “Ask Northwestern how hard it is to get to the NCAA tournament? The really cool thing if you think about it is the three times that we’ve gone, they have been one-possession games.”

http://www.inforum.com/sports/bison/...ld-model-lasts
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Preview show is on KX4 right meow
    Can someone find a podcast link? That was some funny stuff by Tim and Saul
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

There’s a certain satisfaction college basketball fans get while watching a hometown kid competing for his hometown school. Depending on the closeness of the community, the player can be considered the son of an entire city.
    In A.J. Jacobson’s case, it’s more like he’s the son of an entire state.
    http://www.onebidwonders.com/2015/03...s-mothers-son/

Well-coached North Dakota State keeps things simple
    Jim Meehan The Spokesman-Review

Ray Giacoletti has fielded several phone calls from media this week, thanks to the involvement of former employers Gonzaga, North Dakota State and Eastern Washington in March Madness.

“After winning nine games this season,” Giacoletti cracked, “it hasn’t been that way very often lately.”

Giacoletti, who just completed his second season as head coach at Drake, keeps close tabs on Gonzaga, where he served as an assistant coach from 2007-13 on Mark Few’s staff. Giacoletti was head coach at North Dakota State from 1998-2000 when it was a Division II program.

Second-seeded Gonzaga (32-2) meets No. 15 North Dakota State (23-9) on Friday at KeyArena in Seattle. In Giacoletti’s last season with the Bison, Dave Richman was a student assistant coach. Richman has worked his way up the ladder and took over as NDSU head coach this season.

“I’m a Zag, Mark Few is one of my best friends,” Giacoletti said. “But I’m really happy for Dave and I texted him right away after they won the (Summit League) tournament.”

Giacoletti caught 10-12 GU games on television when they didn’t conflict with his schedule.

“Every chance I get,” he said. “They have so many different weapons. Mark has done an amazing job to keep them playing at such a high level from the start to where they are now. People have no idea how hard that is. They had a little lull at the end of the season but I thought they played really well in the WCC championship game against BYU and they’re back on track.

“It’s the best time of the year to be playing your best basketball.”

http://m.spokesman.com/stories/2015/...-keeps-things/
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The CBS halftime show during the Texas & Butler game was discussing the UAB win and referenced their play to the style of team play of the NDSU Bison.