Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CBS Sports: 15 seed NDSU far from normal

Green1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: CBS Sports: 15 seed NDSU far from normal

I read somewhere that the warehouse has 20 ft. sidewalls. Ceiling should not influence shot unless shooting beyond half court.

BYZEN is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

But having sidewalls behind the backboard could be effecting depth perception when the guys get into an open stadium.... Just saying...
    Sent from my Windows phone using Tapatalk
    SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier on NDSU intro video: "This is not meant to be North Dakota State's home game."

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    My bedroom nerf hoop conditioned me for years to shoot a flat ball, lest I get stuffed by the popcorn ceiling. I never recovered from that.
    "Back when I was kid", Nerf balls weren't widely distributed yet. I remember using balled up socks and an ice cream bucket on top of the kitchen refrigerator. Had to improvise for young kids to stay active in North Dakota winters!

Quote Originally Posted by Green1 View Post
    I read somewhere that the warehouse has 20 ft. sidewalls. Ceiling should not influence shot unless shooting beyond half court.
    How far above the floor was the scoreboard at the BSA as compared to what will be at the SHAC? If hung the same distance from the ceiling the SHAC scoreboard will only be 2.5 feet higher. Seemed like a court length pass at the BSA would come awefully close to hitting the bottom of the scoreboard.

BFKasper14 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Someone commented on AJ's flat shooting (I've noticed that it seems like his shots are very flat compared to others, wonder if the warehouse roof being so low has something to do with that. I played pickup ball in a building with a low roof and I always hear how flat my shot is quite a bit, and I'd rarely get nothing but net shots either. That has to be a bit of disadvantage if roof is affecting his shot?
    Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.
    He has shot like that since high school. LA was the same way when he was younger if I remember right. He has added a little arc to his shots and it has paid dividends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    One does not simply walk into the FARGODOME...

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Someone commented on AJ's flat shooting (I've noticed that it seems like his shots are very flat compared to others, wonder if the warehouse roof being so low has something to do with that. I played pickup ball in a building with a low roof and I always hear how flat my shot is quite a bit, and I'd rarely get nothing but net shots either. That has to be a bit of disadvantage if roof is affecting his shot?
    Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.
    Michael Jordan's outside jumpers were notoriously flat. Looks cooler in my opinion.