Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CBS Sports: 15 seed NDSU far from normal

Default CBS Sports: 15 seed NDSU far from normal

Good article from Dennis Dodd on the Bison...

North Dakota State coach Dave Richman has quite a view from his office. That would be (most likely) the only Division I basketball office located in an industrial park.

Out of his window, Richman sees the garish green and purple sign of nearby company that seems to fit the current state of his program.

Far From Normal.

"That's where I have to be careful," Richman said. "I don't know what they do. I've had no contact with them."

A quick Internet check finds Far From Normal claims to provide "the only wide-format UV flatbed that can print on 6-inch thick material." If you're into that sort of thing.
    For more follow the link... http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...just-ask-coach

Default Re: CBS Sports: 15 seed NDSU far from normal

Cripes, that article alone should get him Coach of the Year.

Gotta love how the team has dealt with adversity...Some odd facility issues for sure...Thought some Gonzaga fans that are lurking might enjoy some pics of our unique facilities...

Kra-Mart

The Lair
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

NOT being pampered is an advantage IMHO. So is the Fargo weather. Builds character. My old man was right all along.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    NOT being pampered is an advantage IMHO. So is the Fargo weather. Builds character. My old man was right all along.
    I think there's a difference between being pampered and having inadequate facilities that make your practice time less efficient.

Nebraska has all these fancy indoor practice facilities they sell the program on and I read once that they rarely use them. Then again their locker room is over the top nice with iPads and stuff.

In our case I don't know if poor facilities make us play any better or worse. I mean a basketball court is the same dimension everywhere. I think it hurts us simply because they don't get stay in touch with the coaches regularly and probably waste time commuting instead of being able to step into a practice facility at any time and practice, say, free throws.

The shac they will have an academic center and can do their workouts, eat on the spot, and step into the practice court anytime, day or night. Time management is key with athletes juggling school, basketball, and training

Obviously they are self motivated

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Someone commented on AJ's flat shooting (I've noticed that it seems like his shots are very flat compared to others, wonder if the warehouse roof being so low has something to do with that. I played pickup ball in a building with a low roof and I always hear how flat my shot is quite a bit, and I'd rarely get nothing but net shots either. That has to be a bit of disadvantage if roof is affecting his shot?
    Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

AJ & fam has memberships at Courts Plus, Ive seen him there weekly for years now, dude's shot is just fine and last time I checked the Courts Plus basketball courts ceiling's are 50 feet high.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

My bedroom nerf hoop conditioned me for years to shoot a flat ball, lest I get stuffed by the popcorn ceiling. I never recovered from that.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Someone commented on AJ's flat shooting (I've noticed that it seems like his shots are very flat compared to others, wonder if the warehouse roof being so low has something to do with that. I played pickup ball in a building with a low roof and I always hear how flat my shot is quite a bit, and I'd rarely get nothing but net shots either. That has to be a bit of disadvantage if roof is affecting his shot?
    Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.
    I dunno. He shoots 40% from downtown so I doubt it.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I dunno. He shoots 40% from downtown so I doubt it.
    Well heck then he should be pushing 50% if he had a rainbow shot! /purple??