Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Tournament: #15NDSU vs #2 Gonzaga

Default Re: NCAA Tournament: #15NDSU vs #2 Gonzaga

Here's my take on the Zags:
    Seen them play 5 or 6 times this year and overall not really impressed. Yes there big, 6-10, 6-10, and 7-1. Two of the three big guys Karnowski and Sabonis shoot over 60% from the floor. The other big Wiltjer likes to stand on the perimeter and rain three's. Pangos and Bell Jr are both pretty solid players. But there offense can be pretty stagnant from what I've seen, and they tend to play down to their competition. Bison need to keep them off the glass, make over 40% of 3's, and the biggest thing STAY OUT OF FOUL TROUBLE! Koenig needs to stay smart and not commit stupid fouls. It will be a very tall order...let get on LA's back and maybe pull this off!

Why not us? Shock the world Bison -- America's Cinderella Team!

I haven't seen any Zag games this year. I know their big. Is this a game we might want to turn into a track meet?

Gonna be a tough game, but anything is possible. If LA plays like he did in that second half of the Summit championship and we get some clutch inside defense/rebounding along with AJ and Miller showing up to shoot hot from outside...we can definitely make it happen! Any idea when the game time will be announced?

http://nationalsportsrankings.com/in...n=com_oneonone

Gonzaga(2014) wins 96 of 100 matchups against North Dakota St.(2014)

Projected Score: Gonzaga 77 North Dakota St. 61

Margin of Victory: 16 Points
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Meanor View Post
    I haven't seen any Zag games this year. I know their big. Is this a game we might want to turn into a track meet?
    Best key to upsets for NDSU is to slooooowwww it down. Less possessions means less points means margins are always smaller.

Then just shoot hot from 3 and get a few breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Gonna be a tough game, but anything is possible. If LA plays like he did in that second half of the Summit championship and we get some clutch inside defense/rebounding along with AJ and Miller showing up to shoot hot from outside...we can definitely make it happen! Any idea when the game time will be announced?
    Guessing Friday night.

Holy crap they are tall...

Sent from a TI-83+ Calculator

Bison_Pride is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

What a test for that great defense. That height ain't gonna stop LA from draining 3's.

Gonzaga will bring a huge following to Seattle. They probably have a large number of alumni in that area. I actually think that is great, and it will motivate the guys. Maybe Trey Millers friends and family will offset the fan advantage.

Time to shock the world!