Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Erin Teschuk at the 2015 National Indoor

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Erin Teschuk at the 2015 National Indoor

I thought her strengths in the beginning of the season was the mile or the 1500, especially after running those ridiculous times...
    so my question is, why isn't she running those anymore and why didn't she run those in Eugene at the NCAA championships?

Sorry, I do not know much about track other than times for each event.

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Awesome year and she has a month and a half to train for a PR in Beijing. What would be a realistic goal? There are at least 20 ahead of her school record time. It will probably take a sub 9:40 to make the semis which is close to her 9:42.15 PR.
    Usually track athletes change their training regimen about a month before the meet they wish to peak at. They don't run at maximum all-out potential all year. Part of the year they train to build up their endurance and their base and then as the track season progresses they change the workouts.

I would love to see Erin run her best times ever at the World Championships and blow away some of the better known names in the 3000m Steeple. I do not want to take anything away from her, but how she does might depend upon what she is able to do for training, to get ready for it. If she has already trained to peak at the NCAAs then it might have to be a might gutsy effort to improve upon how she has done so far.

Erin takes 4th at Pan Ams in 10:02. Riley D takes 2nd in javelin with throw of 81.62.