Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: LA

bisoneer is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: LA

So happy for the team, coaches, and all directly involved. They overcame a tremendous amount of adversity when you look at the new coaches, new home venue, many new players and more. The rims at the new Sioux Falls arena must be really tight as many teams did shoot poorly there so not sure if it's a myth or if it was just good D.
    Let's Go Bison!!!

I guess Scotty was talking with Scott Sutton before we played Oral Roberts, and he was trying to get Sutton to talk a little about LA and the kind of year he has had, and SCott Sutton could absolutely not stop talking about AJ, it's all he wanted to talk about. Said he has absolutely no idea where NDSU finds these special players but he looks to AJ as being one of the best in the conference next year already an doesn't even want to think about the kind of force he will be his last 2 years - just absolutely loves AJ's game.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I Love LA, but Woody is the gold standard as somebody else said. He scored over 2300 points while LA is in the 1700's. Woodside also scored 60 points in a game which is a record that may never be broken at NDSU. In the NCAA tourney he scored 37 points against KU and single handily kept us in the game. Now if you want to talk about clutch shooting, leadership and games played then LA is your man. But for pure basketball skill, I will go with Woodside. BTW, When I looked up Woody's stats, I noticed that he will be 30 years old in July. Time flies when your having fun!

Woodside 1A
    LA 1B

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    I Love LA, but Woody is the gold standard as somebody else said. He scored over 2300 points while LA is in the 1700's. Woodside also scored 60 points in a game which is a record that may never be broken at NDSU. In the NCAA tourney he scored 37 points against KU and single handily kept us in the game. Now if you want to talk about clutch shooting, leadership and games played then LA is your man. But for pure basketball skill, I will go with Woodside. BTW, When I looked up Woody's stats, I noticed that he will be 30 years old in July. Time flies when your having fun!

Woodside 1A
    LA 1B
    Its great debate to have about two great players but it should be no surprise that Woody has more career points then LA. Woodside was option 1 his whole time at NDSU. LA was option 3 his first three years at NDSU as the offense ran through Marshall and Braun. Not until this season has LA been the first option.

Woodside could fill it up though that's for sure, that first step he had was nasty and left defenders in the dust.

LA & Woodside are simply two great players with different styles.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Woody and Co will always have a special place in my heart, all of the haters said NDSU basketball would never do anything in DI and then they beat Wisconsin and sent a message. Of course some thought that was just a fluke, then they go out to Marquette the next year and shut them up for good.

I do love LA, in my opinion his shot against OU is the greatest shot in NDSU basketball history. Amazing to have so many special players in a short time.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    I guess Scotty was talking with Scott Sutton before we played Oral Roberts, and he was trying to get Sutton to talk a little about LA and the kind of year he has had, and SCott Sutton could absolutely not stop talking about AJ, it's all he wanted to talk about. Said he has absolutely no idea where NDSU finds these special players but he looks to AJ as being one of the best in the conference next year already an doesn't even want to think about the kind of force he will be his last 2 years - just absolutely loves AJ's game.
    Hes going to be very special. I predict we will be talking about him in the likes of Woody, LA, Winks, Braun, when all is said and done. Him and Miller as Srs makes me giddy.

I love LA!!!

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Five bison on pro bb teams. Way to go LA.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.