Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LA

Default Re: LA

What impresses me about LA compared to Woody is that Woody could go off during a game because he had the talent to. LA went off during games because he HAD to. Takes a special person to put a team on their back the entire year and get this far. LA will go down as one of my all time favorites. Special young man.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

LA has just been a fantastic player for NDSU. It has been a great four years of watching him play. LA has, along with his team, taken us to places I am not sure any of us thought we could go the past two years.

I was hard on him early this year cause I honestly saw the potential of how good this team could be and how good LA is. I am still hard on him as I still believe he forces the drive too much with people standing there wide open. But it is like a great QB, sometimes you have to live with those risks. I was a huge Elway fan and at times he drove me nuts, but when it came down to the end of the game I wanted him as my QB and I want LA as the guy with the ball towards the end of the game.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Tough call between LA and Woody, but LA took the team on his back this year with a group of young kids... and hit the most famous shot in NDSU history, so I give him the slight edge. Braun ranks #3 and then flip a coin over Winkleman and Bjorkland.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Woody
    LA
    Braun
    Winks
    Bjorkland

LA is special but it is tough to match Woody's ability to just go off in a game and drop 30+

Since it is recent, most would say LA. There is nothing wrong with that opinion. What he did to lead a bunch of your players and put this team on his back was simply amazing. He came up big all year and last, the shot in Spokane will go down in Bison lore. He is the winningest player in NDSU basketball history. But, I still have to say Woody is #1. He is the school record holder in points scored. And that is with him playing with the #2 and #7 all time scorers with him. His scoring ability combined with his leadership ability were unreal. It's a great debate to have since the success we have had in the DI era has been amazing. Here is my DI-era top 5:

1. Woodside
    2. LA
    3. Braun
    4. Bjorkland
    5. Winkleman

Nelson and Tweidt are right there as well. I think that by the end of his career, AJ has a chance to be in this list.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

I think folks are going to dump on Braun for mostly not showing up in the Dance last year. Fair criticism but he did everything those last two years. Woody will forever be #1, but LA is my #2. Dude delivered the goods and more or less at times singlehandedly willed this team to 22 wins. Hit the tying 3 at Oklahoma, too.
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

LA #1 and its not close IMHO when you consider all around game. LA can do it all.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Honestly without Woody not sure some of these other guys come here. He got it all started along with Miles, Winks, Nelson and Dre.

Sent from my A0001
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    LA #1 and its not close IMHO when you consider all around game. LA can do it all.
    It's pretty close. Maybe it should be 1a-Woody, 1b-LA.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

It's not a fair question. Which one of your kids do you love more?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com