Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LA

Default LA

Where does he rank in Bison lore?

I loved the big guy Berwaldt(?). Loved Askew's flair. Even those I was probably too young to really appreciate them. Denver TenBroek was an absolute stud. Woodside came along and was something really special. Woodside may be the best offensive player to ever play in the program. I know NDSU had a great team the last couple years, but I don't think Taylor Braun gets enough respect in the Bison community. That dude did absolute everything, he was arguably the most well rounded player to ever wear a Bison uniform.

For myself, LA may well be the best leader to play in the program. I know I do, but I think people tend to forget that he was really the enguine that moved the machine the last few years. He came in and started as a freshman and really was a stud from the beginning. But what he did with this team this year, in leading them through the season with what we lost, and the identity we built throughout the year this year, is really truly remarkable.

I thought as conference play started rolling this team might get hot in the Summit tournament and do some damage. I was wrong. This team wasn't hot at all on offensive. They were just flat out tougher, and saltier, and more resilient, and better throughout the conference tournament. They came that far. Not some fluke 3 day run - they were just flat out better.

...and things started getting testy in the second half against SDSU. Rabbits have some huge momentum to spring a 38-34 lead and the Nagy does something utterly stupid and calls a TO to kill their momentum. This is the point in the game when LA takes over after it looks like SDSU could break it big, and in the biggest game of the season, the dude nails 2 threes with Jacks in his face and scores 11 points over the next 5 minutes to help NDSU to a 9 point lead. Just huge.

For me, best leader ever to play for NDSU. He's going to graduate with 90+ wins in college basketball. That has to be some kind of record for NDSU.

Default Re: LA

Hes not done yet.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I would have to say

1) Woodside
    2) LA
    3) Braun
    4) Winks

1. Woody
    2. LA
    3. Braun
    4. Bjorklund
    4. Winks

Most underrated award: Andre Smith(just a shame that guy never got a chance to go to the dance)

1. LA
    2. Woodside
    3. Braun
    4. Winks

LA just gets it done and for him to lead this group after all it went through...wow my oh my. Congrats LA, its tough to rank these kind of things but without a doubt will go down as one of the greatest Bison Basketball players!

1.LA
    2. Woodside
    3. Braun
    4. Bjorklund
    5. Soon to be AJ Jacobson and kid may be higher on this list when his career is done
    "We All From Africa"

LA
    woodside
    PLBISON
    bjorkland
    Winkleman

buttwolters?
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

LA is special. Guy has ice in his veins! I'd put Woody as 1a and LA as 1b.

Does LA have a shot at the NBA?

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

This is NOT meant to run down the rest of the team because these young guys are going to keep getting better and better, IMO, BUT you could make a strong case that - given the parts around him - LA has carried this team like no other player in Bison basketball history.