Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Hat's off to the Jacks

Default Re: Hat's off to the Jacks

Intense game to watch! This rivalry keeps improving.....think of both playoff games with SDSU
    coming down to the last seconds.....football and basketball
    Good luck SDSU in the NIT!
    With the autobid the Jacks get for the #1 seed in the Summit League, perhaps they can get Frost
    rocking for a game or two in the tourney. Should help their chances that SDSU can sell some tickets as a host school.
    The NIT kinda likes that.
    I also like SDSU's chances to win a game or two, especially at Frost. NDSU has that familiarity-thing going with SDSU where Richman and staff knew how to defend them, and also were able to dictate the pace of the game accordingly.
    Marshall and Parks were a combined 7-26 from the field, I'd like to think the Bison D had something to do with that.
    So the Jackrabbits may have more success against a team less familiar with them and what they like to do.
    Last edited by bruinbison; 03-11-2015 at 03:47 PM.

Not only hats off to the Jacks. Hats off to the Jacks fans. When you get an atmosphere like that it really goes a long way in changing the perception of our conference. When the average Joe turns on espn and sees an atmosphere like that, it reeks BIG TIME. Yes, big time basketball is played in the Dakotas and in the Summit League.

Once more Bison fans realize you can buy upper deck seats the day of the event and Omaha is eligible, the tournament will be taken to another level of attendance.

Really excited about the conference. Good teams. New arenas. Great tournament.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Not only hats off to the Jacks. Hats off to the Jacks fans. When you get an atmosphere like that it really goes a long way in changing the perception of our conference. When the average Joe turns on espn and sees an atmosphere like that, it reeks BIG TIME. Yes, big time basketball is played in the Dakotas and in the Summit League.

Once more Bison fans realize you can buy upper deck seats the day of the event and Omaha is eligible, the tournament will be taken to another level of attendance.

Totally agree. Just compare it to the game preceeding our game with Robert Morris and St. Francis playing in what looked like a middle school gym.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Thanks. I was a nervous wreck pretty much the entire game.

Like mango said elsewhere, I hate losing to you guys and respect the heck out of you.

You get it done. Period. Regardless of the sport. And it drives. me. insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    I remember talk like this in 2007. What if we run the table? What if we get a bowl invite? What if they vote us #1 even though we can't play in the playoffs? We ended that season with a loss to SDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post

Like mango said elsewhere, I hate losing to you guys and respect the heck out of you.

That game itself probably took a week off my life. Heart was pounding the last minute. Couple that with the fcs championship and my life expectancy was shortened.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Congrats on the win NDSU fans, still stinging from the loss here. What a heart-breaker, you guys certainly had our number this year.

Good luck in the NCAA's!

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post

Honestly I was seeing a reversal of the playoff football game between us. As soon as our lead slowly started shrinking I started thinking of RJ's catch in the corner to win and saw that 3-pointer going in for you guys to win it. Great game, and great rivalry.

I feel this is starting to rival the NDSU-UND women's basketball games of the 90's. Very intense and lots of fun played at a very high level.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post

No one I talked to or know associated with the Summit in SF are expecting Omaha fans to show up in large numbers if the teams make the conference tourney next year. From the way they talk Omaha draws very little to home games and seems a very distant third to Nebraska sports and Creighton.

The Sports Authority in town is trying to figure out why USD fans aren't supporting their teams better.

Much respect for their program. I Keep remembering Coach Bohl saying; if you want to be the best, you've got to play (beat) the best. Bring on the competition! SDSU vs NDSU have been pushing each other for quite a few years, to be the best.
    Hey Barkeep, another round of the green stuff for me and my buddies!

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    Honestly I was seeing a reversal of the playoff football game between us. As soon as our lead slowly started shrinking I started thinking of RJ's catch in the corner to win and saw that 3-pointer going in for you guys to win it. Great game, and great rivalry.

I feel this is starting to rival the NDSU-UND women's basketball games of the 90's. Very intense and lots of fun played at a very high level.
    One with added key ingredient, mutual respect between the programs, which to me, makes it more enjoyable.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck