Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Bracketology

Default Re: Bracketology

We do not want anything to do with Gonzaga. Honestly I think we have a chance with Kansas, watching every game of theirs they have many weaknesses. Maryland would also be another option. I want no part of Oklahoma this year, would rather play Baylor.
    "We All From Africa"

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUFan_Sav View Post
    We do not want anything to do with Gonzaga. Honestly I think we have a chance with Kansas, watching every game of theirs they have many weaknesses. Maryland would also be another option. I want no part of Oklahoma this year, would rather play Baylor.
    Agreed on pretty much everything. Oklahoma would be playing angry...don't care to see them again just one year removed

I think we will be a 15. A 14 would be more ideal though. Want no part of Wisconsin or ISU. I think we could hang with the Zags for a while or maybe even Kansas. But let's face it, it's going to be a very tall order to win a game this year

Tonight a few potential 1st round matchups for the Bison play:
    Louisville
    Notre Dame
    Kansas
    Iowa St
    Oklahoma
    Utah

I am hoping for a 14 seed. but a 15 may not be so bad if we can get a punchers chance matchup.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingslayer View Post
    I think we will be a 15. A 14 would be more ideal though. Want no part of Wisconsin or ISU. I think we could hang with the Zags for a while or maybe even Kansas. But let's face it, it's going to be a very tall order to win a game this year
    Gonzaga would kill the Bison. NDSU would have no answer for those big guys.

I saw Kansas play this year, and even without Perry Ellis and Cliff Alexander, they are longer and more athletic at every position. If the Bison are indeed a 15 seed, we will struggle with whoever we play. Does not take away from the great season that we had.

Quote Originally Posted by Wacker_in_the_Hall View Post
    I saw Kansas play this year, and even without Perry Ellis and Cliff Alexander, they are longer and more athletic at every position. If the Bison are indeed a 15 seed, we will struggle with whoever we play. Does not take away from the great season that we had.
    I know Kansas extremely well yes they are long and athletic, but have weaknesses. We play very similar style offense. Yes we will struggle with most teams we play and could lose by 15+ to Kansas not saying that we will win, but they lack offense. Yes they got Oubre who is long and athletic, they got some real good 3 pt shooters in Svi and Greene. They don't have much height down low and depending on Ellis if healthy, he's their offense down low. Cliff Alexander sadly is done for the year (NCAA is fucked up) then you got a big man in Lucas who could possibly give trouble, also Jamari who is hit or miss but brings a lot of energy. Guards Selden is a good defensive player but struggles offensively. Graham is a freshman guard who I'm not to worried about and then Frank Mason would be their main threat but he's a small pg.

That being said don't let Mason get to the new rim and make them struggle from 3 then we got a shot as long as well can make some 3s.
    "We All From Africa"

Hansel is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Here is a stab at placement of the top seeds- I think we will be in Omaha or out west.

Charlotte: Duke and Virginia (1 or 2 seeds)
    Pittsburg: Villanova (1 or 2 seed) and Maryland (3-4 seed)
    Louisville: Kentucky and Wisconsin (1 and 2 seeds)
    Omaha: Kansas and Iowa State (2 or 3 seeds)
    Portland: Arizona (2 seed), UNI (4 seed)
    Seattle: Gonzaga (2 or 3 seed), Utah (4 seed)
    Columbus: Notre Dame (3 or 4 seed) and Louisville (4 seed)
    Jacksonville: Oklahoma (3-4 seed) Baylor (4 seed)

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    To increase seeding cheer against....

NCCU(MEAC)
    UCD(Big West)
    Ga State(Sun Belt)
    EWU(Big Sky)
    New Mexico State(WAC)
    Albany(American East)
    Wouldn't Montana getting beat help us out more than EWU losing?

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

I know Kansas extremely well yes they are long and athletic, but have weaknesses. We play very similar style offense. Yes we will struggle with most teams we play and could lose by 15+ to Kansas not saying that we will win, but they lack offense. Yes they got Oubre who is long and athletic, they got some real good 3 pt shooters in Svi and Greene. They don't have much height down low and depending on Ellis if healthy, he's their offense down low. Cliff Alexander sadly is done for the year (NCAA is fucked up) then you got a big man in Lucas who could possibly give trouble, also Jamari who is hit or miss but brings a lot of energy. Guards Selden is a good defensive player but struggles offensively. Graham is a freshman guard who I'm not to worried about and then Frank Mason would be their main threat but he's a small pg.

That being said don't let Mason get to the new rim and make them struggle from 3 then we got a shot as long as well can make some 3s.
    Yea outside of oubre, I'm not seeing this long and athletic. Ellis is long but he's also playing on a bad wheel.

If there was a 2/3 team, Kansas would be the one I'd think ndsu could beat or play close

They're away from phog, real vulnerable this season under those circumstances