Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The OFFICIAL 'We're Dancing!" GIF thread

Default Re: The OFFICIAL 'We're Dancing!" GIF thread

Great game last night, in the tourney again. I haven't followed NDSU BB that much, my question is: I just presumed NDSU was in the same conference that they play football in, Missouri Valley. Has it always been two different conferences for these two sports?

EagleBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Collector of Bison Homecoming pins - Buy or Trade

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ACECON View Post
    Great game last night, in the tourney again. I haven't followed NDSU BB that much, my question is: I just presumed NDSU was in the same conference that they play football in, Missouri Valley. Has it always been two different conferences for these two sports?
    Correct NDSU and SDSU have been in the Summit League since 2007. The Missouri Valley and Missouri Valley Football Conference are 2 different leagues. However, there are many teams in both MVC and MVFC formally called the Gateway Conference.

tcbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

17 Times Football National Champions
    BISON PRIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by tcbison View Post
    This one wins since she has the right clothes on and off.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by North Side View Post
    Correct NDSU and SDSU have been in the Summit League since 2007. The Missouri Valley and Missouri Valley Football Conference are 2 different leagues. However, there are many teams in both MVC and MVFC formally called the Gateway Conference.
    Thanks for the reply. That seems a little confusing unless you are a avid NDSU Fan. Anyway it is what is is I guess.
    My two favorite college teams (NDSU and BSU) have won both of their respective conferences in their divisions in both football and basketball. That is very uncommon. Gives me something to cheer about for the next 10 days or so. Hopefully NDSU can pull their first game out, like they did against Oklahoma. GO BISON, GO BRONCOS.

It would be nice to get a game between these two teams in football. Both have passionate fan bases, good coaches and that "Blue Chip" per-sonna.

Quote Originally Posted by ACECON View Post
    Thanks for the reply. That seems a little confusing unless you are a avid NDSU Fan. Anyway it is what is is I guess.
    My two favorite college teams (NDSU and BSU) have won both of their respective conferences in their divisions in both football and basketball. That is very uncommon. Gives me something to cheer about for the next 10 days or so. Hopefully NDSU can pull their first game out, like they did against Oklahoma. GO BISON, GO BRONCOS.

It would be nice to get a game between these two teams in football. Both have passionate fan bases, good coaches and that "Blue Chip" per-sonna.
    Not really confusing. The MVC and Summit leagues don't sponser FB, there are a handful of schools from each league with FB, hence the need for a separate FB only conference.

KC Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

From the Jack fan forum

Montana Rabbit...."We are to NDSU as what USD is to us. Sigh."

And from Rowdy Rabbit
    "I'm pretty much to the point where I assume playing NDSU in anything, football, basketball, wrestling, volleyball, baseball will result in a fat ole mark in the loss column."

I guess they're throwing in the towel except for Women's basketball.

And mass suicides being planned in El Forko where a few are even cussing about hockey ruining all the other programs.
    Last edited by KC Bison; 03-11-2015 at 09:48 PM.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by KC Bison View Post
    From the Jack fan forum

Montana Rabbit...."We are to NDSU as what USD is to us. Sigh."

And from Rowdy Rabbit
    "I'm pretty much to the point where I assume playing NDSU in anything, football, basketball, wrestling, volleyball, baseball will result in a fat ole mark in the loss column."

I guess they're throwing in the towel except for Women's basketball.

And mass suicides being planned in El Forko where a few are even cussing about hockey ruining all the other programs.
    They are pretty good sports over there. I wonder what it would look like here if things were reversed. We have had their number for a couple years running now but they are generally tight, competitive games. It's a solid rivalry

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Not really confusing. The MVC and Summit leagues don't sponser FB, there are a handful of schools from each league with FB, hence the need for a separate FB only conference.
    Was NDSU ever in the Big Sky Conference? Football or Basketball?