Thread: IPFW to the Horizon?

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default IPFW to the Horizon?

Horizon commish has announced that they are going to expand again and apparently IPFW is on the short list. Although it sucks bad for the short term, this is not a bad thing for the conference as it tightens our footprint significantly. Maybe IUPUI will go instead. Right now it looks like NKU is the leader if they decide to take only one.

Dropping the Indiana twins and adding UND* and Minnesota State** would be the perfect move for the Summit.***

*only if they could keep Football in the Big Sky and dropped Baseball.
    **only if they pulled an Omaha and dropped Football.
    ***perfect for the next few years. Within the next decade, NDSU will need to separate itself again and find a way to go FBS.

http://m.nwitimes.com/sports/basketb...ile_touch=true
    Last edited by AKBison; 03-10-2015 at 06:56 PM.

Default Re: IPFW to the Horizon?

I'd imagine that IPFW leaving would get rid of a lot of objections to UMKC rejoining the league.

They have 9 teams, so they take 1 or 3 I guess. I agree that NKU is probably the frontrunner.

Also heard an odd rumor the Eastern Michigan might move to the Horizon, not sure what to make of that.

Also I wouldn't call losing IPFW a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Horizon commish has announced that they are going to expand again and apparently IPFW is on the short list. Although it sucks bad for the short term, this is not a bad thing for the conference as it tightens our footprint significantly. Maybe IUPUI will go instead. Right now it looks like NKU is the leader if they decide to take only one.

Dropping the Indiana twins and adding UND* and Minnesota State** would be the perfect move for the Summit.***

*only if they could keep Football in the Big Sky and dropped Baseball.
    **only if they pulled an Omaha and dropped Football.
    ***perfect for the next few years. Within the next decade, NDSU will need to separate itself again and find a way to go FBS.

http://m.nwitimes.com/sports/basketb...ile_touch=true
    Why not two little stars next to UND?
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

BREAKING: Source confirms NKU will be moving to the Horizon League for all sports. Pending board approval Monday.
    https://twitter.com/FOX19Joe/status/597081300042915840
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Too bad. Nku
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.