Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upset central!

Default Upset central!

twice today a 14 seed has taken down a 3 seed! UAB over Iowa state and Georgia state over Baylor. Bison are next!!!? Don't worry Cyclown fans, there's always footba.....wait, sorry!

Default Re: Upset central!

It's anarchy in the Big 12. It will be interesting how much heat Ames favorite son Fred Hoiberg will take for their loss. The play he apparently drew up for Niang when they were down 1 with 20 seconds left was horrible. I hate the 1 on 1 isolation stuff so many college coaches go to when they need a basket, it's spineless IMO. And dumb in this case because Niang was playing awful offensively.

And then Baylor had one of the all-time choke jobs against Georgia St. They were up 12 with 2:40 left and let Georgia St score the last 13 points of the game. In that time Baylor had 4 turnovers, were 0-4 from the field, and 0-1 from the FT line.

Having said all that, I love seeing the little guys knock off the big dog. It's what makes this tournament so great. I can already hear the announcers tomorrow night saying "What other way could this wacky round of 64 end but with yet another gargantuan upset?"

Ron Hunter!!!!!

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

And Texas goes down as an 11 seed, despite being favored by Vegas. An excellent day for the Big 12.
    Looking good Billy Ray!

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'd be a little worried being the FIRST Game of the day KANSAS tomorrow

15 seed hasnt won since FGCU. Were due!

Quote Originally Posted by Kujava23 View Post
    I'd be a little worried being the FIRST Game of the day KANSAS tomorrow
    Yeah sigh thanks for another reminder
    "We All From Africa"

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    Ron Hunter!!!!!
    That's my boy, we're tight had some great conversations in the past!
    "We All From Africa"

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    It's anarchy in the Big 12. It will be interesting how much heat Ames favorite son Fred Hoiberg will take for their loss. The play he apparently drew up for Niang when they were down 1 with 20 seconds left was horrible. I hate the 1 on 1 isolation stuff so many college coaches go to when they need a basket, it's spineless IMO. And dumb in this case because Niang was playing awful offensively.

And then Baylor had one of the all-time choke jobs against Georgia St. They were up 12 with 2:40 left and let Georgia St score the last 13 points of the game. In that time Baylor had 4 turnovers, were 0-4 from the field, and 0-1 from the FT line.

Having said all that, I love seeing the little guys knock off the big dog. It's what makes this tournament so great. I can already hear the announcers tomorrow night saying "What other way could this wacky round of 64 end but with yet another gargantuan upset?"
    That play ISU ran happens a ton in the NBA and well the Mayor is familiar with that play. Niang took a lot of bad shots that game and seemed frustrated all game.
    "We All From Africa"

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUFan_Sav View Post
    That play ISU ran happens a ton in the NBA and well the Mayor is familiar with that play. Niang took a lot of bad shots that game and seemed frustrated all game.
    One of the main reasons why I'd prefer to watch almost any level of college basketball over an NBA game.