Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: WWC and Big12 combining?

Default Re: WWC and Big12 combining?

I know that we all expected to see an "Official Announcement" by now but don't loose heart that this isn't going to actually happen. Here are a few things that ensure me that the merger is going through.

1) Interviews with Coaches like John Smith and Kevin Jackson and at the NCAA Social in the STL our very own Roger Kish along with Associate AD all saying that they expect this to happen.
    2) This one might be the most telling though in that the Big XII has announced their Future Championship Venues for the upcoming season.

http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArtic...B_OEM_ID=10410

The above link will take you to the press release and in that press release it shows that the Big XII Wrestling Championships will be March 5-6, 2016 at the Sprint Center Kansas City, MO. ( On a side note: I personally like the location since it's only a 3 1/2 hour drive from the house) but you wouldn't sign a contract with a venue for a two day event for a Four (4) Team 40 Wrestler Total Tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator Dad View Post
    I know that we all expected to see an "Official Announcement" by now but don't loose heart that this isn't going to actually happen. Here are a few things that ensure me that the merger is going through.

1) Interviews with Coaches like John Smith and Kevin Jackson and at the NCAA Social in the STL our very own Roger Kish along with Associate AD all saying that they expect this to happen.
    2) This one might be the most telling though in that the Big XII has announced their Future Championship Venues for the upcoming season.

http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArtic...B_OEM_ID=10410

The above link will take you to the press release and in that press release it shows that the Big XII Wrestling Championships will be March 5-6, 2016 at the Sprint Center Kansas City, MO. ( On a side note: I personally like the location since it's only a 3 1/2 hour drive from the house) but you wouldn't sign a contract with a venue for a two day event for a Four (4) Team 40 Wrestler Total Tournament.
    The sooner we can slap a Big 12 label on the program, the better. I'm 99% confident it's a done deal.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    The sooner we can slap a Big 12 label on the program, the better. I'm 99% confident it's a done deal.
    I talked to a SDSU coach last month during breakfast at the World Team Trials in Madison, WI about the merger and from what I could gather from him was that it will probably happen soon, but the hold up is actually at their end. I didn't ask anything further about it, but hopefully whatever the issue is, it will get resolved soon.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I talked to a SDSU coach last month during breakfast at the World Team Trials in Madison, WI about the merger and from what I could gather from him was that it will probably happen soon, but the hold up is actually at their end. I didn't ask anything further about it, but hopefully whatever the issue is, it will get resolved soon.
    I'm hearing Big 12 doesn't want UVU and it makes sense. Hopefully PAC-12 will take them and make things go forward faster

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    I'm hearing Big 12 doesn't want UVU and it makes sense. Hopefully PAC-12 will take them and make things go forward faster
    Yeah they are not a Big 12 Caliber school. Can't blame them.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    The Pac-12 teams need to be a part of this merger. Rumors are the Oregon State AD is the one mostly preventing it from happening. Again, just all heresay from other wrestling people.

Also rumored is that Fresno State and Grand Canyon State want to be of the Big 12 merger.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    The Pac-12 teams need to be a part of this merger. Rumors are the Oregon State AD is the one mostly preventing it from happening. Again, just all heresay from other wrestling people.

Also rumored is that Fresno State and Grand Canyon State want to be of the Big 12 merger.
    I heard while I was up in Fargo last week that the merger announcement might come as early as this week. I hope it does so schedules can start to roll out, I need to start planning my work schedule around the duals and tournys again.

As far as Fresno St & Grand Canyon joining the Big XII I have not heard anything about that but I believe that both are without conference homes so I could see this as a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator Dad View Post
    I heard while I was up in Fargo last week that the merger announcement might come as early as this week. I hope it does so schedules can start to roll out, I need to start planning my work schedule around the duals and tournys again.

As far as Fresno St & Grand Canyon joining the Big XII I have not heard anything about that but I believe that both are without conference homes so I could see this as a possibility.
    It will be interesting to see what happens in the near future, but right now, it's hard to separate the truth from speculation. In regards to Fresno State, they were originally part of the WWC before the sport got dropped, so their possible inclusion to the Big 12 makes some sense.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I'm 99% confident it's a done deal.
    make that 100%. Done deal. Bison wrestling in the Big XII. How awesome is this?