Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Football 2015

Default Re: Spring Football 2015

Spring football anyone?

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    Spring football anyone?
    YES.....Does anyone have any news from practices? That would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    YES.....Does anyone have any news from practices? That would be great!
    Lot's of holes to fill but overall looking good. MJ stepping up. Vraa and RJ are the starting receivers. Linebacker positions being looked at very closely, which means starters and depth being evaluated. Z. Johnson missed a year of practice and playing and is a little rusty. I think with a couple squirts of grease ZJ will be fine.

For the first time since the transition to D1, the coaching staff remained intact. This alone pumps me up for next year as I thought the coaches did an absolute wonderful job last year coming together and preparing the boys to make history. Nice write up in The Forum.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/bison/...lity-offseason
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

MJ Stumpf seems to be the clear favorite to replace Beck at WLB and Kolpack and Izzo mentioned on their Wednesday video blog that Pierre Gee-Tucker was mentioned specifically by Klieman as standing out in practice so far in the battle to replace Thorton at SLB but there will be more of a rotation at LB this coming year than in year's past (similar to 2011 when 6 LBs played quite a bit).

At DE (based on Izzo's preseason interview with Klieman) it seems that Ambrosius and Menard are the lead guys right now but Klieman mentioned that they need to have 3-4 DEs rotate and specifically mentioned Alex Hahn and Jarrod Tuszka as guys to contribute. I believe Stanley Jones is out for spring ball which is unfortunate for his development into that rotation.

I haven't heard much about safety beyond Tre Dempsey being moved there full time to presumably take over for Dudzik at FS. The popular consensus seems to be Board will take over for Heagle at SS but not much chatter on that position that I've heard so far from spring ball.

At WR Khayvonn Hawkins and Darrius Shepherd have been getting a lot of chatter so far, Hawkins especially, because they "look the part" so far for becoming impact D1 receivers. Seems like they're really pushing the upper classmen like Woods and Moody to be the 3rd and 4th WRs after Vraa and RJ.

On the OL Kuhnert is moving to C to make room for Zack (W.) Johnson at LG which gives us every reason to believe that the OL will be outstanding this spring and fall.

Haven't heard much at RB either other than Klieman saying that they won't start off with a primary RB, a la Crockett in 2014, but with more of a committee between Frazier, Morlock, and Dunn (who he dubbed as a "change of pace back").

I though the most interesting thing from Klieman's spring interview with Izzo is him saying that they're going to throw as much as they can at Carson this spring to figure out what works and what doesn't. To me this reads that they're going to experiment with a some more exotic packages on offense than we've seen in past years. He mentioned that it doesn't mean they'll go with those schemes come fall but I thought it was interesting that they're "pushing the envelope" so to speak with Carson and his football aptitude.

Usually the theme in spring ball is that the offense lags behind the defense since it's tough to execute at a high level offensively after a few months off but this year the vibe is the offense is ahead of the defense. Not that this is that surprising since there's much more experience on the offensive side but it should give a different dynamic to the spring game this year.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Great updates guys, thanks!!

Very excited about our line and RB dynamic. Pretty awesome that we'll have 3 capable RB's to throw out there behind that line. Opposing defenses will have a nightmare preparing for this offense. Line + RB's + Carson and his skill set = Amazing!!!
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 12>1 View Post
    Great updates guys, thanks!!

Very excited about our line and RB dynamic. Pretty awesome that we'll have 3 capable RB's to throw out there behind that line. Opposing defenses will have a nightmare preparing for this offense. Line + RB's + Carson and his skill set = Frisco, baby!!!
    There, that looks better

Quote Originally Posted by cbline View Post
    There, that looks better
    keep the updates coming !!

Are there any new names we might see at DT this spring?

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    Are there any new names we might see at DT this spring?
    Well, these aren't new names: hockey players in the snow, hockey players in the elevators, and volleyball coaches

Oops, wrong type of DT's! My bad!