Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Isaac Kolstad Assault

Default Isaac Kolstad Assault

Former Bison Linebacker Isaac Kolstad suffered a severe head injury early in the morning on 5/11/14. He is currently in Critical condition. He is young and strong, but the battle he has in front of him is enormous. We do not yet know the full extent of his injuries. He is very sick. He is married to Molly and has a 3 year old girl named Haidyn. Molly is also 8.5 months pregnant with another girl that will be born any day.

Isaac's brother Abraham, is currently a JR. at NDSU majoring in Mechanical Engineering.

Isaac's good friend and former NDSU middle linebacker Preston Evens is sitting next to me as I type this. Preston is a great family friend!

You can help Isaac in a couple of ways.

1. Prayers - Please pray for Isaac and all of those involved.

2. Make a donation to the Kolstad Family via the YouCaring site link below.
    http://www.youcaring.com/other/-22st...-family/177076

There is a CaringBridge site to track Isaac's progress. Please note, any donations made on the CaringBridge site do NOT go to Isaac and Molly.
    http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/isaackolstad

Please help in anyway possible. Right now prayers are needed most, but long term they will have many needs.
    Thank You
    The Kolstad's

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Isaac Kolstad Assault

Okay, Thank you. We will remember him in our prayers. Wish him a speedy recovery.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Prayers sent to him and to his family.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This is just so sad. I pray everyday for him.

BN

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Sounds like he is going to have some on-going health risks.

Quote Originally Posted by A1pigskin View Post
    Sounds like he is going to have some on-going health risks.
    This story is just so sad to read about. I would venture to say that his remaining life will be changed forever. He may never, for example, be able to work and support his family due to his neurologic related injuries. In a sense his "life" was taken away from him...but, he is still alive.

Part of me wishes the courts could punish the two jack asses who did this as severely as if they had commited homicide, because I think the lifelong negative effects that this family will have to endure deserve this degree of recognition from our legal system...but I know that won't happen.
    This Post is copyrighted by Bisonville for the private use of our audience. Any other use of this Post, or of any pictures, descriptions, or accounts of the Post without Bisonville's express written consent, is prohibited.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonville GasMan View Post
    This story is just so sad to read about. I would venture to say that his remaining life will be changed forever. He may never, for example, be able to work and support his family due to his neurologic related injuries. In a sense his "life" was taken away from him...but, he is still alive.

Part of me wishes the courts could punish the two jack asses who did this as severely as if they had commited homicide, because I think the lifelong negative effects that this family will have to endure deserve this degree of recognition from our legal system...but I know that won't happen.
    Agreed. Court system sucks. Off topic they would rather lock up people long term for drug use that is a threat to themselves than violent criminals who are a threat to society.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Agreed. Court system sucks. Off topic they would rather lock up people long term for drug use that is a threat to themselves than violent criminals who are a threat to society.
    Any evidence to back this up?

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonville GasMan View Post

Who started the altercation?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."