Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Gophers 2015 football season

Default Re: Gophers 2015 football season

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    It was 4 seasons ago against a 3 win team. ..let it go, SD!

Nobody on either team plays anymore. Minny is better than ndsu right now
    Possibly, but not for sure. Too many unknowns on our D and I don't know enough about the Gophs to draw any unbiased conclusions.

I do believe this is how it would have gone the last few seasons:

2011: We all know what happened that game.
    2012: NDSU wins.
    2013: NDSU wins big.
    2014: Draw. I believe we win in Fargo, the Gophs win at TCF.

Gophs should be pretty decent this season. Maybe even win a bowl game for a change.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    Possibly, but not for sure. Too many unknowns on our D and I don't know enough about the Gophs to draw any unbiased conclusions.

I do believe this is how it would have gone the last few seasons:

2011: We all know what happened that game.
    2012: NDSU wins.
    2013: NDSU wins big.
    2014: Draw. I believe we win in Fargo, the Gophs win at TCF.

Gophs should be pretty decent this season. Maybe even win a bowl game for a change.
    The Gophs will not play in Fargo in either of our lifetimes so just chalk 2014 and 2015 up as losses. Last year would have been interesting and the Bison could possibly have beaten them. The Jackrabbits played Missouri close to as well as the Gophers did but I don't think last years Bison defense would have stopped Cobb and it would have been one of Carsons first games and probably a rough outing for him.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    The Gophs will not play in Fargo in either of our lifetimes so just chalk 2014 and 2015 up as losses. Last year would have been interesting and the Bison could possibly have beaten them. The Jackrabbits played Missouri close to as well as the Gophers did but I don't think last years Bison defense would have stopped Cobb and it would have been one of Carsons first games and probably a rough outing for him.
    With Beck it would have been a good game...without him I don't know...

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

To me it depends on if the Gophers were from the Illinois game or not.

It they came to play NDSU wouldn't have had a chance.

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by goldenshower View Post
    I think Drew wolitarsky is a solid target that has proven he can play and the move of Jeff jones to wr this year is a huge boost in the playmaking area. Maxx was a huge loss but we have some pretty good guys fighting for his spot. They will be more of the traditional type of tight end which will help the run game even more. I think the running game will be just as good if not better than last year but it all comes down to Mitch. The defense should be damn good if they stay healthy so overall it should be a fun year. I know its hard for most ndsu fans to understand but Kill has the program going in the right direction. We aren't the same program that everyone beat, teams are starting to look at Minnesota as a threat. It should be a fun year!
    I really wish you guys had held on to beat Wisconsin last year. I get so mad when teams can't hold a first half lead (like NDSU losing at Wyoming. Ugh).

Kill is a good coach. Like, exceedingly good. It is pretty awesome and inspiring how he has been able to work around his seizures. Glad you guys have stuck with him.
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    With Beck it would have been a good game...without him I don't know...
    Agreed. The MN passing game would have really struggled. Even Max Williams would have probably had one of his poorer games of the season. It would have been a battle of run games and NDSU struggled containing good rushing attacks last year.

Anything could have happened-mn has really struggled @ qb so who knows. I do know that I'm not going to get into the pissing match of who would win a hypothetical game when I'm obviously a gopher fan and a closet bison fan. However, I do enjoy getting the ndsu crazies all worked up

The Gophers recently got a verbal from a Rivals 4 star WR from Florida, 14th verbal so far.

Gerry DiNardo @gerrydinardo
    B1G 2016 Recruiting Update #Gophers Ranked 31 nationally by Scout, 36 by 247 & 37 by Rivals with 14 commits
    8:20 AM - 3 Aug 2015
    For a team usually in the 40's + of the rankings, looks like solid improvement by Coach Kill in Minny's recruiting.
    The good news on WR Snelson verbaling to Minnesota is they may be about full on WR's, perhaps taking a verbal from Rick Spielman's son still, if he gives one to them. That could leave Ath/WR/S Andrew Hmielewski
    on the outside looking in as far as schollys go (2016 NDSU offer, Marshall MN).
    So far Hmielwski does not have any listed offers from any other FBS schools, leaving NDSU's offer to compete with SDSU and USD.

In the interesting news category for Minnesota RB's (thinking of James Johannessen here),
    Jeff Jones has been switched to WR for now.

Coach Jerry Kill confirmed Tuesday at his season-opening news conference that Jones has been switched from running back to wide receiver for now. Senior Rodney Williams, sophomore Berkley Edwards and freshman Rodney Smith are the leading candidates to replace the departed David Cobb.
    http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2015/0...s-as-receiver/

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    The Gophs will not play in Fargo in either of our lifetimes...
    Of course they could. If TCF is made unplayable for whatever reason on short notice and the new Vikings stadium isn't ready or available, we're the closest major arena. Of course, we wouldn't be the ones playing.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenshower View Post
    Anything could have happened-mn has really struggled @ qb so who knows. I do know that I'm not going to get into the pissing match of who would win a hypothetical game when I'm obviously a gopher fan and a closet bison fan. However, I do enjoy getting the ndsu crazies all worked up
    QB is the only weakness I see on the team. If MN had a good to great QB they would cause some problems for every team they play.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN