Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Great Article about former Wrestler.

Default Re: Great Article about former Wrestler.

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    https://www.inforum.com/news/governm...-Park-District

So why does he get paid until the end of the year? REAL people quit a job and their salary and benefits end.
    Beginning to sound like he was going to get a bad review and bugged out to keep it from the public.

Oh well, guess we all need to get public jobs so we can work 2 yrs and get severance...sheesh.
    Severance in this situation really feels f’d up!!

https://www.inforum.com/news/governm...-Park-District

So why does he get paid until the end of the year? REAL people quit a job and their salary and benefits end.
    Beginning to sound like he was going to get a bad review and bugged out to keep it from the public.

Oh well, guess we all need to get public jobs so we can work 2 yrs and get severance...sheesh.
    Maybe he had an employment contract rather than being employed “at will”. If that was the case, he gets paid unless you can terminate for cause. And, that usually involves something damn serious.

Even employment at will in these types of positions can get sticky if you aren’t careful. Easier, and cheaper, to negotiate a settlement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    Maybe he had an employment contract rather than being employed “at will”. If that was the case, he gets paid unless you can terminate for cause. And, that usually involves something damn serious.

Even employment at will in these types of positions can get sticky if you aren’t careful. Easier, and cheaper, to negotiate a settlement.

Thats easy for you to say, you don't pay Fargo Park taxes . Without knowing the type of contract I suppose you right, just not happy that he can resign and get paid.

Thats easy for you to say, you don't pay Fargo Park taxes . Without knowing the type of contract I suppose you right, just not happy that he can resign and get paid.
    If you read the agreement, there’s a lot of mutual “won’t sue” language. It appears both sides want it to end.

My educated guess is they didn’t have anything specific that would allow them to fire him. So, the meeting MIGHT have been to start the process of getting it moving with a less than good review. That would take 3-6 months anyway so why not just do it this way? Makes sense and brings closure.

If you read the agreement, there’s a lot of mutual “won’t sue” language. It appears both sides want it to end.

My educated guess is they didn’t have anything specific that would allow them to fire him. So, the meeting MIGHT have been to start the process of getting it moving with a less than good review. That would take 3-6 months anyway so why not just do it this way? Makes sense and brings closure.

Im with you. It became a mutual decision to leave when they agreed to the severance package. No mus--no fuss--no publicity etc etc.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Smug is how i describe him, a nobody that rose due to peter principle in the police ranks and lucked out by getting handed a cushy parks rec job by outgoing roger gress.

#Karma
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Smug is how i describe him, a nobody that rose due to peter principle in the police ranks and lucked out by getting handed a cushy parks rec job by outgoing roger gress.

#Karma
    A nobody? My guess he told your crew to settle it down in parking lot too many times. Trust me, nothing was handed to him.

Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Im with you. It became a mutual decision to leave when they agreed to the severance package. No mus--no fuss--no publicity etc etc.
    https://www.inforum.com/news/3831792...rating-plunged

Pretty much says it all, and he admitted he could not handle the job requirements. Good luck to him in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post

#Karma
    Lucked out?
    I think there is a lot more to the story on how he got the job in the first place. As a Fargo resident I was very unhappy how this all went down at the time. This is from memory so a couple facts might be out of order....

Vettle applies for FPD chief, does not get the job
    Vettle learns of the upcoming retirement of Roger Gress
    Vettle resigns from his elected position on the park board that he has been on about a decade
    Vettle gets hired by the same park board he resigned from months earlier

Vettle gets paid a salary of over 2 times what he was making at FPD. Who pays anyone 2X their current salary to move into a position where they have no experience?

This story should have been right up Port's alley

https://www.inforum.com/opinion/colu...-and-it-stinks

Sickum Northern Bison set Mr Port straight