Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Summit League Tourney

zooropa is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2015 Summit League Tourney

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Well, guess if you could tell us where ndsu will be playing first round that'd be super
    Odd. If you're so confident that NDSU is going to win tonight, then why didn't you buy tix to this tournament right after NDSU won last year?

Quote Originally Posted by zooropa View Post
    No, but this is just like the FCS playoffs.

You get the fan support, you get the ticket revenue, you get the ticket revenue, you get the bid.
    Not it isn't, not at all really like the FCS playoffs.

But it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Not it isn't, not at all really like the FCS playoffs.

But it is what it is.
    So you, like Tatanka, think that Sioux Falls bought the tournament, and that SDSU have been accidental beneficiaries of it?

Interesting.

Say, would you mind explaining to me how SDSU fan support is unrelated to ticket revenue?

Odd. If you're so confident that NDSU is going to win tonight, then why didn't you buy tix to this tournament right after NDSU won last year?
    If I didn't go last year, why would I go this year?

I don't think SDSU lucked into anything, they are doing exactly what I have expected them to do and it would be what I would expect of NDSU fans if the tournament was in Fargo. Congrats for doing a good job of supporting something that is in your largest alumni metro area and very short drive from your campus, to me it isn't a massive accomplishment. It is meeting my expectations.

No, but this is just like the FCS playoffs.

You get the fan support, you get the ticket revenue, you get the ticket revenue, you get the bid.

Interesting. Not that you would know but after the top 5 seeds, then it goes to bids.

So you think that the SLT's location and SDSU's fan support are completely unrelated? That SDSU 'lucked into' this?

Nice try. That's not what I'm saying at all.

What I'm saying is sdsu fans would show up a hell of a lot less on a monday/tuesday night if they had to travel the same distance as, say, NDSU fans. Even fewer of they had to travel the same distance as ORU or IUPUI.

Sioux Falls put together a nice bid and is a good match for the league tournament. Clearly, they were counting on having fans from the host city there to cheer for a team based an hour or less away in order to make revenue projections.

But don't throw a shoulder out patting yourself on the back thinking that the sdsu fan base is so awesome when reality is that sdsu fans don't have to make the same investment in time or money when the tourney is less than an hour away.

Please, go ahead and provide counterexamples of the sdsu fan base, travelling in any quantity of substance, to a distance, oh hell, how about 150 miles or more, on any day of the week, much less a monday/tuesday.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I don't think SDSU lucked into anything, they are doing exactly what I have expected them to do and it would be what I would expect of NDSU fans if the tournament was in Fargo. Congrats for doing a good job of supporting something that is in your largest alumni metro area and very short drive from your campus, to me it isn't a massive accomplishment. It is meeting my expectations.

These days, a lot of people seem to need a reward for meeting expectations. Participation ribbon to SDSU!
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Interesting. Not that you would know but after the top 5 seeds, then it goes to bids.
    I'm well aware of the NCAA's absurd process for determining FCS hosting privileges. The majority of the games are basically sold to the highest bidder. In that respect the process differs little from the means of selecting conference tournament hosts.

When, inevitably, NDSU is unseeded in the FCS playoffs, you as Bison fans, will be pleased that the money you spend on NDSU football will enable you to buy multiple home games. In that respect in particular, NDSU fans grumbling about the ability of SDSU fans to 'buy' a home conference tournament seems particularly strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    These days, a lot of people seem to need a reward for meeting expectations. Participation ribbon to SDSU!
    Yeah, that doesn't sound at all like sour grapes on your part.

What should be the 'expectations' of a fan base that routinely buys tix a year in advance to a championship game 20 hours away that will not buy tix a year in advance to a championship game 4 hours away?