Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Intentionally lose at ORU?

Default Re: Intentionally lose at ORU?

I can just imagine Coach in the pre-game meeting---"Okay guys were scared to play IFPW again so we are going to throw the game."
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

I'm pretty sure we intentionally lost the USD, first IPFW and SDSU games so we could avoid WIU in the tournament. How many games can we throw before the League or NCAA tell us to stop? I think 3 games per season is the maximum.....pretty sure I read that in a rulebook somewhere.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    I'm pretty sure we intentionally lost the USD, first IPFW and SDSU games so we could avoid WIU in the tournament. How many games can we throw before the League or NCAA tell us to stop? I think 3 games per season is the maximum.....pretty sure I read that in a rulebook somewhere.

That's at the FCS level, you d2 small timey mouth breather. Another reason to go fbs... Can lose as many games as you want there.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

I say we all thank Mr Elf for allowing this thread to slither thru, thus being reminded of the ignorance out there. Thank you, I had nearly forgotten

I screwed up haha

If sdsu already has it locked up, I'd rather let ORU win and get the #3 seed and NOT play IPFW and they will beat SDSU and we can the beat them on Tuesday after they are tires for 3 straight games.
    Last edited by El_Chapo; 02-23-2015 at 12:17 AM.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Ah shoot. I didn't know ndsu game was Thursday.

Well I still want ipfw to be the 3 if we are 1 and the 4 if we are 2
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    (It's a message board so this scenario is for entertainment only so don't get all snippy and hear me out)

This option is NULL & VOID if USD beats SDSU then NDSU obviously wants to win the title & nit bid.

HOWEVER. ...If SDSU wins, I propose we throw the game (rest LA KORY at least) therefore ensuring that NDSU gets the #2 and ORU gets #3 and IPFW gets #4 and we AVOID IPFW & let SDSU deal with them & watch Forbes eat up Cody larson!

I do not want to play IPFW again sorry.
    great thread as always, chap. Thinking outside the box to prolong the teams season, I like. I actually think it'll probably play out anyways(without the tanking) that ORU beats NDSU and SDSU beats USD.

I remember a few years ago, TV suggested in jest that SDSU lost a game towards the end of the year to accomplish a similar goal as el chapo mentions here.

Glad to see the reaction here is the (mostly) the same in this case as it was then. Facepalms and wtf's.
    Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    I remember talk like this in 2007. What if we run the table? What if we get a bowl invite? What if they vote us #1 even though we can't play in the playoffs? We ended that season with a loss to SDSU.

I'd like to hear the opinion of the "Aw Shucks" crowd

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    great thread as always, chap. Thinking outside the box to prolong the teams season, I like. I actually think it'll probably play out anyways(without the tanking) that ORU beats NDSU and SDSU beats USD.
    SS-DD. Still a troll with knee pads.......
    Damn, I'm Good!