Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2015 Men's Lacrosse

Default Re: 2015 Men's Lacrosse

Quote Originally Posted by moosbah View Post
    Last year there were speculations that Sparty would be next, as their club team is decent, although I did hear that Northwestern chat a little bit as well, but their men's team is barely a blip
    I believe Sparty had a DI program at one point in time but was cut? Do you know if that was true?

moosbah is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by scbison91 View Post
    I believe Sparty had a DI program at one point in time but was cut? Do you know if that was true?
    Correct.

http://laxallstars.com/list-of-forme...acrosse-teams/
    Sioux SUCK! It just has a nice ring to it.

R.I.P. CLC
    5/13/2012

Big that Denver won NCAA division I tournament and big 10 had 3 teams in quarters and 2 in semi finals. Good chance PAC12 will be able to have conference near future as it looks like some PAC 12 teams will adding soon (UCLA and USC were mentioned and I would think Orgegon would add soon as Nike just signed Miles Thompson from Albany to a contract and are getting into lacrosse equipment). Also looks like Delany stated some other Big 10 teams are looking to add. I think he mentioned Minnesota and I think Michigan State.

Big that Denver won NCAA division I tournament and big 10 had 3 teams in quarters and 2 in semi finals. Good chance PAC12 will be able to have conference near future as it looks like some PAC 12 teams will adding soon (UCLA and USC were mentioned and I would think Orgegon would add soon as Nike just signed Miles Thompson from Albany to a contract and are getting into lacrosse equipment). Also looks like Delany stated some other Big 10 teams are looking to add. I think he mentioned Minnesota and I think Michigan State.
    Why not NDSU?
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    Why not NDSU?
    Mostly title IX but with lacrosse it MAYBE could be done sooner than later.. There are a total of 10.5 scholships for men(2.5 year) and 11 for women (2.8 a year) so you are only talking a little over 5 schollies per year both men and women. Plus NDSU has a dome and bubble so infrastructre is in place plus recruiting shouldn't be that hard to get kids to come to NDSU since they will play and practice inside.(ie NDSU can recruit softball players from California to come in ND I think you can get kids to come play lacrosse in North Dakota). If do it early enough maybe able to get in same conference Denver is in (in near future probably Pac12 if few PAC 12 teams get in). Our AD is form Stonybrook which has lacrosse so he has background in sport.

The Big problem right now is there isn't lacrosse in ND high school or big club programs so to sell it right now may not be feasible. I know MN is becoming huge in lacrosse as Inside lacrosse had an article about how fast it is growing in the State and you can see with good Club programs in St Thomas, St Johns and NDSU so there is potential recruiting close by. I personally NDSU could recruit nationally with dome/bubble and has reasonable tuition rates even for those outside of MIDWest/West receiprocity rates.

I have emailed Gene in the past and always stated Title IX and also mailed Matt but he just said right now NDSU is happy with the sports we have (no mention of Title IX) . I know his daughter played lacrosse on Long Island and was looking to play lacrosse on a club team in Fargo. Don't know if NDSU would ever do it but I am hoping with Denver win alot more schools start looking to start adding the sport.

Mostly title IX but with lacrosse it MAYBE could be done sooner than later.. There are a total of 10.5 scholships for men(2.5 year) and 11 for women (2.8 a year) so you are only talking a little over 5 schollies per year both men and women. Plus NDSU has a dome and bubble so infrastructre is in place plus recruiting shouldn't be that hard to get kids to come to NDSU since they will play and practice inside.(ie NDSU can recruit softball players from California to come in ND I think you can get kids to come play lacrosse in North Dakota). If do it early enough maybe able to get in same conference Denver is in (in near future probably Pac12 if few PAC 12 teams get in). Our AD is form Stonybrook which has lacrosse so he has background in sport.

The Big problem right now is there isn't lacrosse in ND high school or big club programs so to sell it right now may not be feasible. I know MN is becoming huge in lacrosse as Inside lacrosse had an article about how fast it is growing in the State and you can see with good Club programs in St Thomas, St Johns and NDSU so there is potential recruiting close by. I personally NDSU could recruit nationally with dome/bubble and has reasonable tuition rates even for those outside of MIDWest/West receiprocity rates.

I have emailed Gene in the past and always stated Title IX and also mailed Matt but he just said right now NDSU is happy with the sports we have (no mention of Title IX) . I know his daughter played lacrosse on Long Island and was looking to play lacrosse on a club team in Fargo. Don't know if NDSU would ever do it but I am hoping with Denver win alot more schools start looking to start adding the sport.
    Yep, just thinking this may be another sport that's relatively easy to add, that has presence in some of NDSU's prime student recruiting grounds.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

12.6 for men, 12 for women.

If NDSU were to add men's lacrosse, it could make things very tricky with Title IX. I'm not sure if just adding women's lacrosse would be enough. Maybe women's tennis as well? In any case, women's lax would be maxed out in scholarships immediately, but men's lax would likely lag behind. Do most schools that have men's lax also have women's? Just wondering for conference reasons.

Scholarship limits of sports NDSU could likely add: (M/W)
    Lacrosse - 12.6/12.0
    Tennis - 4.5/8(HC)
    S&D - 9.9/14.0

I wonder if women's triathlon is something NDSU might think of adding? It's recently been added as an NCAA emerging sport and will ramp up to 6.5 scholarships by 2017-18. It seems like something NDSU could add to help Title IX without adding new facilities. The wellness center will be adding a pool soon, and the downtown YMCA is getting a new pool as well. Fargo North also has a pool if nothing else. It would seem like the sport would partner nicely with our T&F strengths.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    12.6 for men, 12 for women.

If NDSU were to add men's lacrosse, it could make things very tricky with Title IX. I'm not sure if just adding women's lacrosse would be enough. Maybe women's tennis as well? In any case, women's lax would be maxed out in scholarships immediately, but men's lax would likely lag behind. Do most schools that have men's lax also have women's? Just wondering for conference reasons.

Scholarship limits of sports NDSU could likely add: (M/W)
    Lacrosse - 12.6/12.0
    Tennis - 4.5/8(HC)
    S&D - 9.9/14.0

I wonder if women's triathlon is something NDSU might think of adding? It's recently been added as an NCAA emerging sport and will ramp up to 6.5 scholarships by 2017-18. It seems like something NDSU could add to help Title IX without adding new facilities. The wellness center will be adding a pool soon, and the downtown YMCA is getting a new pool as well. Fargo North also has a pool if nothing else. It would seem like the sport would partner nicely with our T&F strengths.

You are right about scholarhip levels for lacrosse, must have looked DII for mens...If there any,The schools with mens lacrosse but no women's program would be schools with no football or limited funding for football but can't t hink of any off hand.. Dang Title IX really hinders things...Need some kind of reform to allow men's sports to come back or add new sports like lacrosse.

You are right about scholarhip levels for lacrosse, must have looked DII for mens...If there any,The schools with mens lacrosse but no women's program would be schools with no football or limited funding for football but can't t hink of any off hand.. Dang Title IX really hinders things...Need some kind of reform to allow men's sports to come back or add new sports like lacrosse.
    Personally, I love Title IX. It forces, or at least encourages, your program to do the right thing instead of the easy thing. It's one of the main reasons we get to enjoy championship teams all year long(Aug-May). It will be even better once VB and WBB get back on track.

The more I think about it, the more I like triathlon as an NDSU sport(probably should make a separate thread for it). I'm seeing lots of DI schools competing at the club level; don't know how many of the women's programs are at the varsity level. I wonder if the two coaches you can have for a varsity triathlon team could somehow help the track program as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    Personally, I love Title IX. It forces, or at least encourages, your program to do the right thing instead of the easy thing. It's one of the main reasons we get to enjoy championship teams all year long(Aug-May). It will be even better once VB and WBB get back on track.

The more I think about it, the more I like triathlon as an NDSU sport(probably should make a separate thread for it). I'm seeing lots of DI schools competing at the club level; don't know how many of the women's programs are at the varsity level. I wonder if the two coaches you can have for a varsity triathlon team could somehow help the track program as well?
    I don't mind Title IX but how many mens programs have been cut because of it or like lacrosse can't be added.. It needs to be reformed and I like Chrinsta Hoff Summers idea.