Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Get Hockey to NDSU thread

Default Re: Get Hockey to NDSU thread

I would love to see D1 hockey but unless someone opens up their checkbook big time it ain't happening. I have no interest in taking money away from other programs.

I am of the belief that based on facilities that exist, the area we live in, and the fact programs like Duluth can win a National Championship... we could field a really good team relatively quickly. My entire family would never miss a hone game. But it would take huge amounts of cash to do it right.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Just think, we could play for a REAL DI championship and become a "name" college! Just look at some of these teams that have recently* made the Frozen Four: Union College, Quinnipiac, Ferris State, Bemidji, UMass-Lowell, St. Cloud State, Minnesota-Duluth, and Rochester Institute of Technology.

*since 2009
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by mgbison View Post
    I think NDSU should add hockey. You don't have to agree with me, thats fine. Also, to you people who always bring up trolling, stop it. If you don't want read a thread about hockey don't read it.

I thought the thread should be back up. There are enough people out there who are interested in hockey, just don't know if they are on bisonville.
    If you want it, start a donation drive, raise the money from the hockey crowd and present ndsu with a gift to not only start the program but fund it without hurting our other existing sports and I'm ok with it. Dropping any sport to bring it in...nope
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    If you want it, start a donation drive, raise the money from the hockey crowd and present ndsu with a gift to not only start the program but fund it without hurting our other existing sports and I'm ok with it. Dropping any sport to bring it in...nope
    I should add you will not get my support for this and I know several big donors that would pull money before any goes towards figure skating....I mean hockey
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

NDSU doesn't need NDSU hockey.

mgbison wants NDSU hockey.

Let's not confuse the two...

On a sidenote - if NDSU ever did hockey, I would hope they would not play in an off campus facility like the SCheels arena, that would be just stupid.

BYZEN is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by mgbison View Post
    I think NDSU should add hockey. You don't have to agree with me, thats fine. Also, to you people who always bring up trolling, stop it. If you don't want read a thread about hockey don't read it.

I thought the thread should be back up. There are enough people out there who are interested in hockey, just don't know if they are on bisonville.
    A. NDSU HAS a Hockey team (it's a club team and will never go beyond that).
    2. Trolling is something you do when you want to catch fishes, of course some people actually fish for suckers.
    III. There are lots of people out there interested in the hockies, you can find them on Gopherhole or the HYB.

I just love these Q&A segments, don't Y'all!!!
    Last edited by BYZEN; 02-19-2015 at 06:05 PM. Reason: missed the color thingy
    SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier on NDSU intro video: "This is not meant to be North Dakota State's home game."

I thought we were all saving up to go FBS?
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    I thought we were all saving up to go FBS?
    Here we go again---can't you ever leave well enough alone? Very purple.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    Here we go again---can't you ever leave well enough alone? Very purple.
    . .
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I would love to see D1 hockey but unless someone opens up their checkbook big time it ain't happening. I have no interest in taking money away from other programs.

I am of the belief that based on facilities that exist, the area we live in, and the fact programs like Duluth can win a National Championship... we could field a really good team relatively quickly. My entire family would never miss a hone game. But it would take huge amounts of cash to do it right.
    These are my thoughts as well. Until a wealthy donor steps up to fund it will never happen. I'd imagine NDSU would take football FBS before hockey ever happens.