Thread: SLT Semifinals GTD: vs Oral Roberts

Default SLT Semifinals GTD: vs Oral Roberts

oru.jpg -----------------------vs----------------------biz.jpg
    When: Monday, March 9th
    Where: Sioux Falls, SD Summit League Tournament
    Tipoff: 8:30
    Video: ESPN 3/ESPN Full Court/ Midco Sports
    Audio: 790 KFGO

The semi's are set and NDSU gets a date with Oral Roberts. During the regular season the teams split with each team winning at their home courts. ORU is 3-0 since suspending star player Korey Billbury and one of those games was a convincing win over NDSU at Tulsa. The Eagles advanced to the semi's by squeaking by IUPUI by 2. The Bison will have to contain Obi Emegano, a first team SL player. Should be a great crowd tomorrow night with the two South Dakota schools playing before.

This should be another tight basketball game. Scott Sutton is a very good basketball coach who will have his team prepared. LA will bounce back and have a good game but ORU did an outstanding job defending him out in Tulsa so the NDSU supporting cast better be ready to step up. Brown needs to stay out of foul trouble and give us more minutes then the 19 he played on Saturday. I see an 7-8 point Bison win. They have opened up most of the upper deck for the Monday night session, plenty of tickets available but this baby should fill up.

Go Bison!

Default Re: SLT Semifinals GTD: vs Oral Roberts

Will Brown be on Emegano? He went off in Tulsa when Brown wasnt 100%. I feel he prolly would've guarded Olson on Sat., but because hes not completely healthy LA was on him. Brown guarded a guy who wasnt a threat from the perimeter. We are a much better team when hes 100% and we have the set matchups we want. Something to keep an eye on.

They will likely run a guy at LA again. Im expecting more isos because of this. The other guys have to be ready to step up.

Interested to see what Richman has up his sleeve... We know Sutton will have ORU ready to go. Lets. Go. Bison.
    Sent from somewhere on teh intarwebs.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

I think as Aj goes so will the bison

Make Free throws tonight and rebound.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Great breakdown about all the matchups in the forum article this morning. Very similar to the football analysis. Really interesting take on how ORU defended LA down there and what adjustments we may make. Riveting. Purple
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Gotta stop Obi tonight. Excited to be there. Go Bison!!!

I still feel like ORU is a good matchup for the Bison. They don't have a lot of length to cause NDSU matchup problems on either side. I still say the game 11 days ago was an anomaly offensively for ORU. Omegano and Word each had the shooting performance of their respective seasons. I think ORU's lack of a defensive presence in the lane will make NDSU's strategy very similar to the one employed in the 2nd half of the Denver game which is get the ball to the rim and get layups or FTs. I'd love to see Jacobson, Dupree, and Brown be aggressive and attack like they did in that game and burn ORU if they try to double LA 20 feet away from the basket again. If they do that and they make at least 75% of their free throws I think they win this one comfortably (by Bison standards this year so by at least 5 points ).

I like our chances given the fact 10 days ago we were at the tail end of a road trip with an injured KB and they played us totally different.This time we have an extra day of rest while ORU finished their game around 10 last night. We will learn from the last game. I say Bison by 2 in an epic game.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Great breakdown about all the matchups in the forum article this morning. Very similar to the football analysis. Really interesting take on how ORU defended LA down there and what adjustments we may make. Riveting. Purple
    I liked the part where they interviewed a former star player to get his take on tonight's match-up, and what it means to him to see the team do this well.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.