Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: NDSU vs SDSU

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU vs SDSU

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Describe "successful." Winning conference championships - yes. Winning national championships - no.
    Winning Conf championships is clearly successful. Mid majors never win national championships.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonwinagn View Post
    Winning Conf championships is clearly successful. Mid majors never win national championships.
    Easy now, the MAC's Missouri just won the National Duals. All bets are off now, and no, Missouri being in the SEC has nothing to do with their success in wrestling.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Wrestling is a different animal.

Many "smaller school" wrestlers win national championships in wrestling. The Big 10 and Big 12 (what's left of it) do win many of the wrestling championships but wrestling talent is spread out over all the conferences in the country.

I still think that softball run was incredible and one of NDSUs best accomplishments, outside of the 4peat.

Cornell has been a runner up twice and is always a power in wrestling. Lehigh knocked off Ohio State at the National duals as well and took 4th place (losing to Cornell)

I saw this the other day. I know there are various reasons that kids transfer but this year seems to be an above normal year for wrestlers jumping ship and changing schools.

It would appear that SDSU has lost J.J. Everard to UNI.

http://intermatwrestle.com/articles/14632

This was posted out on the guillotine & I was wondering how people felt NDSU would stack up against this potential lineup?

http://forum.theguillotine.com/post/...f0ccae2efb0589

125 - Zeke Andrade
    133 - Bubba Sims
    141 - Seth Gross
    149 - Alex Kocer
    157 - Cody Pack/ Collin Holler
    165 - Collin Holler/ Cody Pack
    174 - Joe Brewster
    184 - David Kocer
    197 - Nate Rotert
    285 - Alex Macki ??

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator Dad View Post
    This was posted out on the guillotine & I was wondering how people felt NDSU would stack up against this potential lineup?

http://forum.theguillotine.com/post/...f0ccae2efb0589

125 - Zeke Andrade
    133 - Bubba Sims
    141 - Seth Gross
    149 - Alex Kocer
    157 - Cody Pack/ Collin Holler
    165 - Collin Holler/ Cody Pack
    174 - Joe Brewster
    184 - David Kocer
    197 - Nate Rotert
    285 - Alex Macki ??
    125 - Josh Rodriguez Dec Andrade 3-0 Bison
    133 - Sims Dec(tossup) Scherkenback 3-3
    141 - Bengston Dec(tossup) Gross 6-3 Bison (Only one common opponent Gannon Volk - Minnesota, Bengston TF him and Gross beat him 8-2)
    149 - Ream Dec Kocer 9-3 Bison
    157 - Pack Maj Nehring 9-7 Bison
    165 - Holler Dec Gray 9-10 Jacks
    174 - Brewer Dec Johnson 9-13 Jacks
    184 - Zillmer Dec Kocer 12-13 Jacks
    197 - Peterson Dec Rotert(tossup) 15-13 Bison (Peterson won their last matchup 5-3)
    hvy - Macki Dec Nieland(tossup) 15-16 Jacks

I split the tossups between both teams, going to come down to bonus points at 125, 157, and 184 and who can win the tossups. Ream could get bonus at 149, he did MD Kocer last match they had.

125- If Andrade is still the starter, there is no reason it shouldn't be a major for Rodriguez. If I'm SDSU, I'd look to pull the RS of one of the two highly ranked light weight recruits. Sykora with his tilts could be an issue for Rodriguez if he hasn't improved on the bottom 4-0
    133- Simms dec Sherkenbach. I've always been higher on Scherkenbach than most, but the injuries are really mounting and until he shows he's back and 100%, no reason to not favor Simms over anyone NDSU throws out there. 4-3
    141- Bengston dec Gross. I doubt Zilverberg is back at 141, and I'd look to RS him this year, with all of SDSUs depth in the middle. 7-3
    149- Ream dec Kocer. Much like Scherkenbach, I've been higher on Kocer than most, but there is no reason to think Ream doesn't win, and maybe pick up bonus. Even though Ream was great last year (especially in the 2nd half of the year), I think he was a way under appreciated on a national level. 10-3
    157- Holler dec Nehring. Nehring showed some promise, but Holler is really tough and I'm guessing he's 157 and Pack 165, just a hunch though. 10-6
    165- Pack dec Gray. If Gray is back to full strength, that's a huge plus. However, he hasn't been on Pack's level before and this could be a major. I'm banking onGray being big and strong enough to slow Pack down and keep it to a dec. With Gray, there is always hope for a big throw though 10-9
    174- Brewer major whoever NDSU goes with. Brewer is a solid, likely NQ and we'll likely have an unproven youngster. 10-13
    184- Zillmer maj Ayers. I don't think it matters a ton for SDSU whether its Kocer or Ayers. If Kocer is going to go 184 this year, he'll need to pack on a ton of muscle, as he looked small at 174. I'd give him a redshirt and roll with Ayers. 14-13
    197- Rotert dec Peterson. A healthy Nate Rotert beats Peterson, and I would think his shoulder will be good to go when the season kicks off. 14-16
    HWT- Maybe we'll see two true freshman duking it out with Stibral and Sidhu. Neither Macki or Nieland lit the world on fire last year. If it is Nieland and Macki, I'll go Nieland to win the dual 17-16