Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: what's our next project going to be?

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: what's our next project going to be?

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    As they should be.
    +1............

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    As they should be.
    Definitely. Those girls have arguably been our best program. Not sure what kind of upgrades they will get. It's tough to spend huge money since they only host an average of 9 games per year and that's including the Summit League tournament and they aren't a revenue sport obviously. Im curious what the costs would be

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Geez, apparently I don't get to campus often enough. On my per usual Sunday afternoon bike ride I strolled by Newman field and headed north, only to see the tennis courts by Dakotah are gone. When did that happen, and what is going in there? Parking lot?
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by 12>1 View Post
    Geez, apparently I don't get to campus often enough. On my per usual Sunday afternoon bike ride I strolled by Newman field and headed north, only to see the tennis courts by Dakotah are gone. When did that happen, and what is going in there? Parking lot?
    Yep. More parking.

Quote Originally Posted by 12>1 View Post
    Tradeoff for the spots the ITF took away. Also, I bet neither the athletic dept. nor the school wanted to pay to refurbish them. They weren't looking all that good in the 90's, and I can't imagine they were doing any better recently.

BTW, anyone know what the dimensions will be for the new wellness center pool? And will it have diving capabilities? Construction was scheduled to start last week. (I haven't been up to campus lately to confirm.) It would be interesting to know if it could serve as a S&D facility in a pinch if those sports were to be added.

Sdsu uses a 25 m pool. Why couldn't NDSU? Don't spend capital on non revenue women's sports.

Quote Originally Posted by FargoBorne View Post
    Sdsu uses a 25 m pool. Why couldn't NDSU? Don't spend capital on non revenue women's sports.
    Strongly disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    Tradeoff for the spots the ITF took away. Also, I bet neither the athletic dept. nor the school wanted to pay to refurbish them. They weren't looking all that good in the 90's, and I can't imagine they were doing any better recently.
    No they were awful. We went there once about 5 years ago to play without checking them first... It looked like a earthquake came through. How NDSU let that happen to them is beyond me.

Title 9

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    Strongly disagree.
    Yes.

Title 9 says you have to. And yeah I get it, you don't want to overspend on non revenue sports (like softball who has played as few as 3 home games) but we can't neglect them either. These are our facilities and they reflect poorly on the university. Not saying we need to spend 10 million like a Big 10 team would but a few million bucks would make it a stadium we could be proud of as oposed to giving a bad D2 impression. Besides as recently as 2003, we lead D2 in softball attendance and with our success, it has some potential

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com