Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: what's our next project going to be?

LikeMothers is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: what's our next project going to be?

Do we even want the kind of players who would be attracted to a locker room made up like a Borg-cube-themed Vegas resort? It seems like the guys who appreciate a place that puts functionality first and is well-maintained are the kind that fit the Bison program. "Just show me where I put my stuff so I can get to work". Maybe if K-State had more players interested in hard work instead of a locker that looks like a slot machine they wouldn't have been out of breath in the 3rd quarter?

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Minnesota's seems like a waste. What are they going to do in there, the Macarena?
    It's pretty darn big but it seems like every recruit they get takes a picture in the locker room. It's really really impressive

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    It's pretty darn big but it seems like every recruit they get takes a picture in the locker room. It's really really impressive

I'm with Mothers on this one. This is a nice picture, but the ones where they are wearing someone's ring is better.
    We can fix up the locker rooms- I'll donate a few bucks for that. But don't think we need to go nuts. Maybe a slurpee machine?
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by LikeMothers View Post
    Do we even want the kind of players who would be attracted to a locker room made up like a Borg-cube-themed Vegas resort? It seems like the guys who appreciate a place that puts functionality first and is well-maintained are the kind that fit the Bison program. "Just show me where I put my stuff so I can get to work". Maybe if K-State had more players interested in hard work instead of a locker that looks like a slot machine they wouldn't have been out of breath in the 3rd quarter?
    You mean weak places like Alabama, Ohio State, and Oregon? It's really killed their program because they are soft now. (Purple )

Having a nice locker room in no way shape or form would hurt us. Just like having the dome doesn't. (Which is amongst the best in our division and has a considerable wow factor )

I say give the other teams we are competing against no advantage whatsoever. Players compare everything and the margin for winning is minimal. Besides if it takes a nicer lockerroom just to give us a tiny bit of an edge over wyoming, sdsu, uni, and Illinois state.. let's do it.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Alabama's locker room is one I would strive to have or imitate. Nicely done, plenty of open space, but it's not over the top, in your face extravagant. It's very blue color with nice finishes and a modern look. That's it.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

LikeMothers is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Having a nice locker room in no way shape or form would hurt us. Just like having the dome doesn't. (Which is amongst the best in our division and has a considerable wow factor)

I say give the other teams we are competing against no advantage whatsoever. Players compare everything and the margin for winning is minimal. Besides if it takes a nicer lockerroom just to give us a tiny bit of an edge over wyoming, sdsu, uni, and Illinois state.. let's do it.
    I'm not sure the dome meets my "functional and well-maintained" criteria right now. Tube TVs in the concourses don't make the cut anymore. But don't follow up with flashing lights around them.

Quote Originally Posted by LikeMothers View Post
    I'm not sure the dome meets my "functional and well-maintained" criteria right now. Tube TVs in the concourses don't make the cut anymore. But don't follow up with flashing lights around them.
    Reality is the dome is a pretty significant recruiting advantage for our level, despite the technological short comings. (Obviously atmosphere takes it to the next level) Heck we could have Indiana States stadium with flatscreens.

I'm excited for the new HD video boards, concourses upgrades to flat screens, and hopefully the really kick ass addition. That will be impressive.

But I do agree we are really falling behind in maintenance.

I am pretty sure that funds haven't been raised to pay for what we have right now. Money was borrowed from the NDSU Development Foundation years ago when all of the work on the lower level was done, and that money was included in the SHAC fund raising, which we know hasn't been completed either. So dream on people, or get the damn checkbooks out.

533 In a row

I think Minnesota made their locker room so big so that when they finally win the axe they can take turns celebrating with it by swinging it around without hitting anybody. They would have been fine with a much smaller locker room
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    I am pretty sure that funds haven't been raised to pay for what we have right now. Money was borrowed from the NDSU Development Foundation years ago when all of the work on the lower level was done, and that money was included in the SHAC fund raising, which we know hasn't been completed either. So dream on people, or get the damn checkbooks out.
    The entire point was we could raise the money to fund this. It's not a multi million dollar project we're talking about. If we want to get it done, we can certainly do it. Heck they did some nice locker room upgrades this offseason with the neon lights, bison head logo in the ceiling, new ceiling tiles, and the championship wall. This isn't much different. I guess that was your point in saying "open up your checkbooks." It would be cool though if we could donate for something specific but know what's its going for.