Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: what's our next project going to be?

Default Re: what's our next project going to be?

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    -Softball field: Upgrading bleachers, press box, and concessions.
    -Outdoor Track: Upgrade bleachers, track?
    -Practice Fields: With the addition of the outdoor field turf in 2012 and the bubble in 2014. I don't think NDSU needs an indoor practice facility at this point. SDSU and UND built theirs to also have indoor track as well. We have a seperate indoor track facility already. We have the football offices in the dome, which is a pretty sweet indoor place to practice, and now the bubble. But in regards to the practice fields, it would be nice to upgrade the little shed they have out there for equipment, and to just have more storage out there for practice equipment and such.
    It would be nice to turn the football practice field area into something that looks like a complex instead of an open field with a tin shed that isn't as nice as the one in most peoples back yard. Would it be beneficial to have lights and some good storage structures or training space and/or restrooms for summer campers? How about a small practice locker room? How about a big fence to block wind and make it look more impressive. I remember Bohl thinking the competition was watching the practices from the houses across the street and was all paranoid.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

LikeMothers is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    It would be nice to turn the football practice field area into something that looks like a complex instead of an open field with a tin shed that isn't as nice as the one in most peoples back yard. Would it be beneficial to have lights and some good storage structures or training space and/or restrooms for summer campers? How about a small practice locker room? How about a big fence to block wind and make it look more impressive. I remember Bohl thinking the competition was watching the practices from the houses across the street and was all paranoid.
    I think there are a lot of little things that could be done without costing a ton of money. Albrecht is the main corridor between campus and the athletic areas but is an eyesore in a lot of places. Find a place to put the equipment rather than just shoving it in the corner of the chain link fence next to the sidewalk.

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    How about a peddle trolley and we can all get some exercise
    The people using these wouldn't need the exercise since Gabe hates the fatties and they wouldn't be allowed into any NDSU events.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I'd say that it should be surrounded by a row of large evergreen trees with another row on each of side of them of smaller evergreens in between the open spaces with another row on the outside of those with smaller evergreens in between those open spaces. Looks nice from both sides, natural wind break and no one can see in. As far as lights go, Dacotah Field has lights.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by LikeMothers View Post
    I think there are a lot of little things that could be done without costing a ton of money. Albrecht is the main corridor between campus and the athletic areas but is an eyesore in a lot of places. Find a place to put the equipment rather than just shoving it in the corner of the chain link fence next to the sidewalk.
    THis ^^
    The old tennis courts are so hideous and need to go. Maybe they could build some sort of restrooms/concession stands/storage/lockerooms where it sits. Would be nice if people have someplace to go when watching a game at Dacotah Field. All the summer football camp folks see this and is it really the impression we want to give? It basically touches Dacotah Field so it's in an accessible spot. Heck at the very least, turn it into a premium tailgating section or plant some grass and put some flowers down. Or maybe a Bison statue or something cool like a monument or wall of [fill in the blank].

Heck put something like this there...

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

BisonFan02 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Two words: Parking garage tailgate........dance party extravaganza!

Quote Originally Posted by BisonFan02 View Post
    Two words: Parking garage tailgate........dance party extravaganza!

We could put all our conference, I mean national championship banners on the garage door too!

Project ideas...

1. Softball- Would like to see some upgrades the bleachers and press box, field turf would be the biggest boost.
    2. Football locker room- See what UND has for hockey, if the dome is our long term home it would be cool to see NDSU football have something like that.

I don't think NDSU needs an IPF, I think there are better uses for the kind of money it would take to build a proper IPF. The bubble fills the gap.

Back to the OT

HS's perfect world:

Track 1
    1. softball stadium
    2. mild vb upgrades
    3. tennis facility
    4. indoor bb/sb/maybe golf facility
    5. mild outdoor track upgrades (maybe swap w/ 4 depending on timetable)
    6. s&d facility

Track 2
    1. major fb expansion
    2. permanent IPF
    3. new bb arena
    4. new athletics building

Track 1 is small money, track 2 is big money. Probably do two or three track 1 projects for every track 2 project. Also continued small improvements to Dacotah(not worthy of its own line). I figure that's at least a good 25 years worth of improvements.

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Like Already stated the tennis courts need an upgrade to either a garden or parking lot or new tennis courts if we ever have to add women's tennis.
    Video boards in the indoor track and possibly an NDSU athletics logo to the south side of the track building similar to how Youngstown has a logo on their IPF.

Artistic/ aesthetics upgrades
    1)I like to see NBC have segway shots of the campus/student walking around or tailgating when coming back from commercials. (ESPN does this often also thought it was nice).
    2)Of course... green seats in the Fargodome just paint them and upgrade the red seats to yellow!
    3)I like to see projected NDSU or just projected NDSU colors green and yellow on the bubble at night think it be cool. (I liked the bison heads projected on the Fargdome at night for the semifinal game this year). Imagine being an opposing team fan and driving at night east on 19th ave. to the game and you can see the dome off in the distance with the big bison heads just think its cool. Also for football games at night add kig kong event style sky lights to the front of the dome.
    4) Bison statue at the front entrance to the SHAC similar to the one already on campus. Similar setup to how the Tigers do it. Heck maybe 5 Bison as a herd all charging out front.
    MIke_the_TIger_Statue_m.jpg