Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: what's our next project going to be?

Default Re: what's our next project going to be?

Matt Larson was on the Insiders on Bison1660 on Thursday for an hour . He talked about facilities upgrades.

He said Volleyball got new locker rooms. Football locker room will be done in July and donations are still being taken. He said Dacotah Field is getting new turf. Softball plans are in the works for a new grand stand, press box, and scoreboard. Also says the Golf short game facility willvmove to the 3rd floor of the SHAC

The next big project will be an indoor practice facility which will be used for all sports year round. Glad to hear him publicity talk about it. Here's the show

https://soundcloud.com/user-74421198...2017-full-show

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Matt Larson was on the Insiders on Bison1660 on Thursday for an hour . He talked about facilities upgrades.

He said Volleyball got new locker rooms. Football locker room will be done in July and donations are still being taken. He said Dacotah Field is getting new turf. Softball plans are in the works for a new grand stand, press box, and scoreboard. Also says the Golf short game facility willvmove to the 3rd floor of the SHAC

The next big project will be an indoor practice facility which will be used for all sports year round. Glad to hear him publicity talk about it. Here's the show

https://soundcloud.com/user-74421198...2017-full-show
    Will the new indoor practice facility be large enough for a soccer field?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 1993bison View Post
    Will the new indoor practice facility be large enough for a soccer field?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Not sure. I'm more interested where it would go. Do they put it along University Dr where the practice fields are now or do they tear down the Dacotah Field and put it there?

Along University is huge. You could fit about 3 full length football fields there and with room on either the north or south side for extra space for football/soccer practice lockers, meeting rooms, vendors, bathrooms, another refuelling station, and a player lounge.

I think the ultimate would be a huge structure about 1 -1/2 football fields wide and then make the other half outdoor turf because they need space for summer camps and they still like to practice outdoors.

That way they could let soccer play their games indoors in the new IPF or they could keep the bubble up permanently or seasonally. I still think they could use the space even with an IPF. But someone said Dacotah Field isnt regulation size for soccer? Is that true? One advantage we have is we don't need to ruin the turf with an annoying track around it to limit size

And this is a great opportunity to wow recruits at our summer camps which we get most of our players from. Heck in time they could even connect it to the SHAC
    Last edited by HerdBot; 05-07-2017 at 03:00 PM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Said they're putting new turf down on Dakotah? any idea why they'd be doing this? (I've already asked this question all over the "our house" forum, so sorry if this has already been answered somewhere else.

I'm also I Marching Band nerd so I would love a Band specific rehearsal facility (like Minnesota) but I know that will never happen, haha.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Not sure. I'm more interested where it would go. Do they put it along University Dr where the practice fields are now or do they tear down the Dacotah Field and put it there?

Along University is huge. You could fit about 3 full length football fields there and with room on either the north or south side for extra space for football/soccer practice lockers, meeting rooms, vendors, bathrooms, another refuelling station, and a player lounge.

I think the ultimate would be a huge structure about 1 -1/2 football fields wide and then make the other half outdoor turf because they need space for summer camps and they still like to practice outdoors.

That way they could let soccer play their games indoors in the new IPF or they could keep the bubble up permanently or seasonally. I still think they could use the space even with an IPF. But someone said Dacotah Field isnt regulation size for soccer? Is that true? One advantage we have is we don't need to ruin the turf with an annoying track around it to limit size

And this is a great opportunity to wow recruits at our summer camps which we get most of our players from. Heck in time they could even connect it to the SHAC
    For what its worth, I've never spoken with a soccer player who preferred Turf over grass, and I'm unsure about this, but I don't BELIEVE any programs in the US play their games, exclusively indoors. Can anyone confirm or deny this?
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

They are laying down the new turf on Dacotah Field as we speak

They are laying down the new turf on Dacotah Field as we speak
    Anyone have any pictures of this?
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Go to twitter and check out Todd Phelps or Matt Larson... A few weeks ago posted something

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Took this as I left the FargoDome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

moosbah is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Took this as I left the FargoDome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No lacrosse lines????
    Sioux SUCK! It just has a nice ring to it.

R.I.P. CLC
    5/13/2012